Cities: Skylines: Official Screenshot Thread

I have to say I really enjoy setting up the transportation system in the game. Once you really understand it its amazing.

On a side note I've become a backer of this guy.
https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=2306250

Gula is the shit. I grab all of his buildings. The old SC3/4 BAT guys and gals are back with a vengeance.

I find myself just making maps all day, then playing small sessions to see how that map works. We need a way to unlock the ENTIRE area for building. :D

Gula is the shit. I grab all of his buildings. The old SC3/4 BAT guys and gals are back with a vengeance.

I find myself just making maps all day, then playing small sessions to see how that map works. We need a way to unlock the ENTIRE area for building. :D

If you are talking about unlocking the entire 25 squares its already possible.

No, there is portion of the map that is still locked. The next ring of boxes out from 25.

There's actually two more rings of boxes for a total of 81 squares if you want to go right to the edge of the map, and there is at least one mod that unlocks those for building on. It is not as bug-free as the 25-tile unlock mod though.

There's actually two more rings of boxes for a total of 81 squares if you want to go right to the edge of the map, and there is at least one mod that unlocks those for building on. It is not as bug-free as the 25-tile unlock mod though.

:D

Someone with far more time than me needs to make it work.. lol

81?
That is... um, insane.

and I'm insane enough to try to fill it all...
See you guys in 6 months

I used to play regions in SC4 and create small towns surrounding major urban areas and lots of open space. Having more tiles allows for smaller cities to come together and create more natural communities. Also creates fun things to work out as they grow.

My latest:

2ur1nv4.png

2wp3y9s.png

sg3j0g.png

This is how much of the 25 tiles I have filled up so far:

rk0b4g.png

That looks like a challenge. Who can do the donut run and make it to the end of the road without puking? :D

Made a map of Skagway, Alaska. The topology should make for an interesting build.

eBsiUzn.png

Last edited:
So far this is my best city yet. Just about to hit 20.000 citizens. Having a highway run through the center of the city (not visible) has made a huge impact on traffic
r3CpWpBl.jpg

Last edited:
Broke 300k in this city today, at which point things started going to shit. I hadn't really noticed the problem, but whoever made this map seems to not have made the rivers flow properly. The amount of sewage my city was making raised the water to a point where most of the roads crossing it have flooded, as well as many buildings. Seeing as I can't find a solution to make the river drain properly, I see no sense in trying to combat it, as the problem is only going to get worse. So, here's where it ends...

jKcuB3zh.jpg

Well I finally hit some object limits in my city. ~170K population. I can still some things like build roads and zone, but nothing seems to grow. I cannot place any services, parks, etc. Surprisingly, I have not hit the tree limit. :p

Cities_2015_05_23_16_01_59_14.png

Right around 200k I remember things getting sluggish also. The BIGGEST thing I found for lag was to go back and consolidate as many subway routes as you can. So, instead of having 50 routes with each just a few stops, try to turn them into 5 routes that are each huge.

Another trick I just figured out after using the same map the guy above had flooding issues with....
If you start flooding like he is because of low river current or too much water treatment being created you can simply line up 20 water pumps and connect them ONLY to themselves. They'll dramatically start to lower the water level, but since the water doesn't go anywhere it can't make people sick.

I started simply using like 50 water towers at this point because all sections of the river had pollution to some extent.

IJkOqevh.jpg

Thought I should post my shots in this thread instead of the other Cities one.
Think I'm around 70000 in this shot, I have to check. My best city yet.

Last edited:
How do you get such tall buildings everywhere?

A very few are plops, most are grow able. I build small sections and give them TONS of services....subway and bus are a must and they love a crematorium....you can put it right next to a house. The zones grows really fast and produce tall buildings....high density residential, commercial and industry (offices).

Spacious. Very nice.

What's up with the river up top? It's empty? Is that boat floating on air?

Made a pretty ridiculous interchange, and experimented with raised highways a la Tokyo.

cities1.png

cities2.png

cities3.png

cities4.png

cities5.png

I typically end up putting a lot of my highways underground to create more surface area lol. I have built a few elevated areas but usually bury them. Time to tinker some more as those look neat.

Love the snowfall stuff, should be a fun new dynamic! Glad I put in more ram though, I was already pushing most of my 16gb as it was with all the in game content and large cities :eek:

Wish I was better at this game... but I just plain suck and my city peters out once I am out of money.

One of the tricks is either going all out with low tech industrial and no schools, or educating your people and going straight high tech and hardly any industrial. As long as you stick to a plan based on how educated your population is, the game gets kinda boring.

Then you gotta watch how much is being imported and who needs what and space out your population and their respective education based off what work options you build near them.

Back