cisco vpn and im/web

rowbear62468

Limp Gawd
i have cisco vpn client 4.8.00.0440, i can not get my im or web browser to connect while the vpn is connected. any way to fix this? i am using xp... thanks

That may be by design. If your company has turned off split tunneling, split DNS, etc. then there may not be a workaround... Is this through the company you work for?

PHUNBALL said:
That may be by design. If your company has turned off split tunneling, split DNS, etc. then there may not be a workaround... Is this through the company you work for?

it is. but its also a new install. they just installed a new firewall at thier end and i can only connect with the cisco vpn. i used to use my ms vpn. is there a way to turn on split tunneling? or atleast allow my im to get thru?

rowbear62468 said:
it is. but its also a new install. they just installed a new firewall at thier end and i can only connect with the cisco vpn. i used to use my ms vpn. is there a way to turn on split tunneling? or atleast allow my im to get thru?

They are probably using IPsec, thus the reason your MS VPN will no longer work. Yes, they should be able to enable split-tunneling for individual VPN groups allowing you to have local access to your LAN, Internet, etc., basically anything that does not need to traverse the tunnel...

PHUNBALL said:
They are probably using IPsec, thus the reason your MS VPN will no longer work. Yes, they should be able to enable split-tunneling for individual VPN groups allowing you to have local access to your LAN, Internet, etc., basically anything that does not need to traverse the tunnel...

they are using ipsec. i take it ms vpn can not use ipsec... is the split tunneling something that needs to be done on thier end?

rowbear62468 said:
they are using ipsec. i take it ms vpn can not use ipsec... is the split tunneling something that needs to be done on thier end?
Microsoft VPNs can do LT2P/IPSEC. If you are using Cisco VPN, you are pretty much stuck with the Cisco client.

Back