Cisco possibly buying Nintendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoramac

Limp Gawd
http://news.com.com/Is+TiVo+next+on+Ciscos+push+into+homes/2100-1036_3-6032452.html?tag=st.num

" Another possible acquisition candidate for Cisco is Nintendo, the No. 3 game console maker in the U.S. A stretch? Not really. Microsoft, which is emerging as a key competitor to Cisco in the home entertainment market, is already in this market with the Xbox 360. Gaming has already proved to be a strong application for broadband, so it makes sense that Cisco would want to own a game device to help drive more traffic on its network. With its popular GameBoy product, Nintendo would also provide Cisco an entree into the mobile-handheld market."

While it is only speculation, that is something that would really be a wake up call for MS and Sony

There are a lot of people starting to distance from this speculation at the moment. Tivo is a much more likely target acquisition for Cisco.

hehe

This would be funny... Cistendo Revowall Gaming Console/Switch.. get your CCNA, CCNP, etc.. and play Mario Party at the same time!

Great, now Nintendo products can be plagued with buggy firmware!!

This would be funny... Cistendo Revowall Gaming Console/Switch.. get your CCNA, CCNP, etc.. and play Mario Party at the same time!

That was the lamest joke I've ever heard in my life, please do not post anything like that again.

Yep... Microsoft already tried, and Nintendo laughed. Even if cisco isn't competition, Nintendo won't be selling out to anyone. They need to retain creative control of their hardware and content, and being your own company, producer, and publisher is an easy way of doing so... sadly, unlike Sega anymore :( That said, I can easily see Cisco buying Tivo instead. It would be a much more worthwhile purchase for them.

Nah, it had a slight tinge of humour to it. My Revolution could be a 16-port wireless switch AND I can play super uber-graphic games, just like the PS3 :rolleyes:

IceWind said:
Don't post shit like that again.

What is this, the "everyone hate on Tetrahedron" thread? lol
Did he kill everyone's dog or did I miss something?

This thread was supposed to be about Cisco, and at least he was mildly on topic. Maybe we should all not focus on that 1 post and continue with the subject at hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back