Cisco Pix Behind Router

WizBomb

Limp Gawd
Hello All,

I am looking to setup a Cisco VPN on my home connection so I can connect to my home from the outside world.

Would it be possible to put a Cisco Pix 506 in this format below and port forward the VPN ports to the Cisco Pix from the Cisco Router?

Diagram:

Cable Modem -> Cisco 1841 Router -> Dell Un-manged Switch -> Cisco PIX 506

Sorry if I'm not being specific but I'll be happy to provide more information if needed.
Thanks,
Brian

You could, but the question would be, why don't you just terminate the VPN at the 1841 instead of that ancient PIX that you can't even run a modern PIX OS on?

I would love too but the current software package on the Cisco 1841 does not have VPN abilities. Do you know how much it would cost to upgrade the IOS to VPN package?

Thanks,
Brian

Forwarding the ports shouldn't be a big issue, but it'd be a lot easier to load a crypto IOS and run the VPN from the 1841.

Well, I would have to agree with everyone else, try to find someone you know with a Cisco login and download a non base IOS and load that.

Forwarding the ports shouldn't be a big issue, but it'd be a lot easier to load a crypto IOS and run the VPN from the 1841.

If I were go choose this option, would I only plug in the outside or inside interface of the Pix?

Back