Cisco PIX 501 Reviews?

cburwell

Limp Gawd
I am looking for some reviews of the Cisco PIX 501 firewall. The reviews I need have to come from a credible sources, so the the reviews posted by users on web sites do me no good (othrwise my job would be a bit easier).

I have tryed the usual (google, computer world, network world, Cnet, etc), but so far I have come up with nothing useful!

I appreciate the help!

Reviews like that are probably going to pretty hard to find. Your best bet is probably going to be looking at a round-up of enterprise/smb-class firewalls and getting data about the PIX from there. It specifically has to be a 501? There are little differences between the 501 and other PIX units running 6.x code other than hardware and license limitations, and you dont need a "review" to figure that out.

Is this for a university class?

Here's what I found on google, seems more like a sales pitch than an honest review:
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-1047875.html

I know you said you couldn't do it...but I could answer almost anything about the 501 (and be honest about it). If you are allowed to do an interview let me know and I can give you my credentials. The 501 is a good unit, but it has its limitations.

Thanks for the help! It is for a university class. I will ask my professor if I can do an interview type review.

Back