Cisco/ Linksys RV082 V3 IPSec compatibility help wanted

Mackintire

2[H]4U
So our router died today. The company is using one of my personal routers to stay online.

We are considering the RV082 V3

We need and have multiple Greenbow IPsec client software for VPN.

The VPN configuration data from "The Greenbow" is dated 2005.

One of the notes is that they could only seem to get the ipsec client to connect if they set it up as: VPN --> Client to Gateway--> Group

Instead of VPN --> Client to Gateway --> Tunnel

According to Cisco's documentation the RV082 only supports (2) groups. I'm digesting this as (2) users maximum when using this client. I would really like to know if this is truly a limitation of the RV082 software.

Do any of you have access to an RV082 and can see if you can connect to it using the greenbow client. Don't use client version 5.0 , it really sucks. Stick with the latest 4.7 version. The client is available as a 30 day trial here:http://www.thegreenbow.com/redirect.php?title=tgbvpn_setup_4_70&url=aHR0cDovL3d3dy50aGVncmVlbmJvdy5jb20vYmluL1RoZUdyZWVuQm93L1RoZUdyZWVuQm93X1ZQTl80XzcwXzAwMS5leGU=

A quick update. The greenbow's RV120W VPN document that is dated 2010 says, no limitations. Since the hardware is almost identical between the 120,210 42, 82 models and the gui and code is very similar, I am hoping that I can take this as a sign that everything with work. Again if one of you can confirm that there are no problem using The greenbow VPN client software with the RV082 when using "tunnel" mode it would be greatly appreciated. If not....this is going to be an interesting experiment.

According to Cisco's documentation the RV082 only supports (2) groups. I'm digesting this as (2) users maximum when using this client. I would really like to know if this is truly a limitation of the RV082 software.=

I'm not sure what you mean by that.
The 082 used to have a max of 50x remote VPN clients with its QuickVPN software. I believe that's been raised.
Recent article by Tim Higgins BTW
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanw...cisco-rv082-and-rv016-v3-vpn-routers-reviewed

I love the RV0 series....good solid fast router with 1/2 decent biz grade firewall features, for the price. Stable. Built in PPTP server for up to 5 users. Tunnels work OK. But quite honestly, I hated the QuickVPN client. That was years ago...dunno if it's been fixed in recent versions, but I had huge issues with it...and buggy as hell.

But why are you looking at IPSec VPN? IMO, gone the way of the floppy disk....time to go SSL VPN, sooooo much easier to support.

Back