Cisco Link Aggregation

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I have a Cisco switch that has 4 ports configured with PAgP and sadly that doesn't help us get a large 4 port network pipe from our NAS box to the switch. I know PAgP is just for Cisco to Cisco devices. I was wondering if I can configure the 4 ports on the switch to use 802.3ad LACP? Is this possible or has anyone ever done this before and can give me any advice?

It should definitely be possible if you've got new/decent gear. Like NetJunkie posted, we'll need to know what you've got. The command will likely be:

channel-group N mode active

Thanks all. For what it's worth, the switch info is below. They're about 2-3 years old for us:

Code:
Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                 
------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------               
*    1 48    WS-C2960G-48TC-L   12.2(46)SE            C2960-LANBASEK9-M

Cisco Switches support Cisco and IEEE link aggregation. If you're trying to negotiate via protocol it's going to be channel-protocol lacp then use channel-group # mode (active, on or passive).

Cisco Switches support Cisco and IEEE link aggregation. If you're trying to negotiate via protocol it's going to be channel-protocol lacp then use channel-group # mode (active, on or passive).

You don't need the channel-protocol command.

What kind of link aggregation you use depends on where the device sits in the network. Core devices should always me manually set and leaf devices left to auto-negotiate.

Back