Cisco ios 15.2

Hammer!

Limp Gawd
Hi, I purchased a WS-C4948E-S switch off ebay...does anyone have IOS 15.2 firmware for this unit? Thanks!

Thanks...I’m not looking for technical support...just the firmware image...any other thoughts?
If you contact Cisco and tell them what hardware you have, they can provide you a download link. If you aren't looking to purchase anything, they can provide you an update to the existing firmware version that includes all their most recent security updates and has the same capabilities as the license that exists on the device.
Outside that, if you don't currently have the version you want, all them what it'll cost you to get it on there.

I once received an old switch with no firmware on it. When I contacted Cisco, they said I would have to purchase a license for it, which was ~$100. I imagine that Hammer will have the same issue.

I once received an old switch with no firmware on it. When I contacted Cisco, they said I would have to purchase a license for it, which was ~$100. I imagine that Hammer will have the same issue.

That’s very helpful. Thank you all for the advice.

What Farva said is correct, to an extent. They might have once done that but now they havent supported gray market devices for quite some now. Being just a regular Cisco Customer ( not a vendor, employee, or otherwise), its actually stated that you are not allowed to re-sell their equipment if you outgrow, get done with, decide you want a different device,etc..... Since there is no way to really enforce people from going to Amazon, eBay, etc... and selling the equipment used, Cisco enforces it on their end by not providing official support and firmware updates although the Community forums can usually provide some good support. It is also against the EULA to provide other people firmware. So if I happened to have a 4948 Switch and am able to download firmware and you are not, I am not allowed to give you the firmware files. Maybe they just gave us a different set of warnings and such since we their Unified Communications system, but they said it also applies to their hardware.

Back