CISCO HELP .. router stuck in BOOT mode..

Mike160

Limp Gawd
OK short and sweet...

I went through CISCOs process for resetting a 2501 I recieved but did not have the password for ...but along the way I must have done somthing wrong... although I was able to change all the passwords... NOW every time I boot the router it has a

Router(boot)>

instead of just..

Router>

I've already made sure the proper register for booting from flash is enabled, also when I type

"show flash" I get an IGS invalid integer message <--- that can't be good ...

So is there an easy way to install the "working configuration" onto the flash or am I gonna have to figure out how to tftp a new version of the IOS

*note -- when the router boots it states its running 11.0, also I don't notice any type of error messages,.. just whatever I do it won't get rid of the boot prompt.

Any suggestions ?????

Thanks in advance .... plz forgive my almighty noobishness

What is the current register set to? I believe it should be set to 0x2102.

yes ... that is what it is set to ..I have even "re-set" it 0x2102, then did

wr mem

reload

NO GOOD

Sounds like the flash is corrupted and its booted the bootloader image in bootflash. The 2501 is so old I'm not familiar with the upgrade process anymore. Can you do "dir flash:"?

Could possibly be bad nvram causing it to not allow the image to bootup. Or like someone said previously corrupted image or flash. Let me know if you need a new one ive got a pretty good stock of them. PM me for details or email [email protected]

Back