Cisco ASA Licensing - SNMP Monitoring

Jay_2

2[H]4U
I am in need to a way to monitor the number of internal hosts on a Cisco ASA firewall.

We have a number of ASA firewalls that are limited to 50 hosts and although at the moment that is not an issue I would like a way to monitor this via SNMP. Does anyone here have any idea how this could be done?

Thanks.

thanks

I expected it to be really easy.

Last edited:
I have been at this for a few days now and it looks as if there is no way to either get the license count or the inside host count via SNMP!

Oh SNMP will not give you that information. That is something that you get form the console. SNMP will tell you log type stuff.

I'm fairly certain that this does exist in SNMP, but you are going to have to search the 20 different MIBs that are available for ASA to find it.

I know this is possible because I have an SNMP counter that I watch which tells me how many concurrent VPN users are online. That also took searching through a bunch of MIBs to find the right OID.

If you have Smartnet, call the TAC.

I'm fairly certain that this does exist in SNMP, but you are going to have to search the 20 different MIBs that are available for ASA to find it.

I know this is possible because I have an SNMP counter that I watch which tells me how many concurrent VPN users are online. That also took searching through a bunch of MIBs to find the right OID.

If you have Smartnet, call the TAC.

Well good point. There may be a way to do it, i'd call Cisco tbh. I do not think there are even many CCNP that utilize SNMP, for that matter there are not a lot of people that do. But there definitely are some that do. I am working on setting up a Nagios VM as soon as I get a chance to which is going to use SNMP.

Back