Cisco Appoints AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa T. Su to Board of Directors

erek

[H]F Junkie
Wonder if this is any sort of conflict of interest

"Dr. Su spent the previous 13 years at IBM in various engineering and business leadership positions, including Vice President of the Semiconductor Research and Development Center responsible for the strategic direction of IBM's silicon technologies, joint development alliances and semiconductor R&D operations. Prior to IBM, she was a member of the technical staff at Texas Instruments Incorporated from 1994 to 1995. Dr. Su has a Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and Doctorate degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

For more information about Cisco's board of directors visit here."

https://www.techpowerup.com/263353/...nt-and-ceo-dr-lisa-t-su-to-board-of-directors

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Wonder if this is any sort of conflict of interest
Mmm...probably not? She's just one of 11 board members, meaning she doesn't hold much sway on her own. Don't know how much her vote counts for, though – That could make a difference.

Seems like a very good thing for cisco as a company, though. Can't wait to see what comes out of this.

Cisco has been plagued recently by "non-execution"...She was probably brought in because of her ability to get people working together towards resolving that issue.

I see it as a good thing.

I would not consider there to be much overlap in business for Cisco and AMD, and I see board members more being for making sure that leadership doesn't run the company off a cliff, not directly influencing tactical decisions (like a switch to AMD processors for cisco stuff, which would not make sense anyhow)

I would not consider there to be much overlap in business for Cisco and AMD, and I see board members more being for making sure that leadership doesn't run the company off a cliff, not directly influencing tactical decisions (like a switch to AMD processors for cisco stuff, which would not make sense anyhow)
Though it could be that Cisco switches to using AMD as a partner in embedded design for their ASICs in a similar way Microsoft works with AMD to bring their own customizations like with the One X.

Though it could be that Cisco switches to using AMD as a partner in embedded design for their ASICs in a similar way Microsoft works with AMD to bring their own customizations like with the One X.
I want to so download Radeon Adrenaline updates for my Catalyst 9k switches :ROFLMAO:

I really hope they come out with a 10k switch model with the 7nm+ Zen chips.

The Intel processors they used for 9k was def a step up, but they are so loud (and heavy) compared to 3k models. Plus with all those threads the virtualized app space will be much bigger (you can run a lightweight Linux docker on the switch)

Back