Cisco 12gb RAID card - will this work in non-cisco boxes?

pillagenburn

[H]ard|Gawd
will a Cisco UCSC-MRAID12G-1GB work in a non-cisco box? Don't care about fitment as I'm using a cable; just wondering about system compatibility. Thanks for the input.

will a Cisco UCSC-MRAID12G-1GB work in a non-cisco box? Don't care about fitment as I'm using a cable; just wondering about system compatibility. Thanks for the input.
In general, yes. It is just a rebadged LSI product. The only issue you may have with some models of this (and other Cisco branded rebadges) is that some of them are setup for mezzanine slot or bracket slot installation and will not fit in a normal PCIe slot without yanking off the cache module )or if you have anything on your motherboard very close to the front of the slot physically.)

In general, yes. It is just a rebadged LSI product. The only issue you may have with some models of this (and other Cisco branded rebadges) is that some of them are setup for mezzanine slot or bracket slot installation and will not fit in a normal PCIe slot without yanking off the cache module )or if you have anything on your motherboard very close to the front of the slot physically.)
awesome thank you - this looks to use a standard PCI-E connector attached to a riser board. I'd mount it somewhere inside the case as it doesn't have any outward-facing PCI-E brackets.

I've got an icydock 8-bay 5.25" cage with a mini-sas backplane coming so that's why I'm looking at these.

Back