circuit city

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
so is there any chance of being able to return the router i bought last week, or am i pretty much SOL? :(

SOL I would imagine, but depending on the router it came with a manufacturer warranty, probably 30-90 days...

You can still return items within 14 days of purchase, if purchased before the liquidation started. All sales are final if purchased after liquidation started.

No your SOL.

Same liquidators as Linen N Things, my parents bought some useless crap, and when they went to return it they were told to "get lost".

Fucking manager there had no idea how much 20% would be off of $100.

I told him, he needs to get an education, fucking asshole.

they took it back today no problems, was staffed still by the people that were there when i was there 13 days ago when i bought it.

Yeah my brother bought a bunch of Wii accessories and they told him he can't return em...

I'll add to this discussion, though its off topic..

I just got back from my CC (Pensacola, FL) and it totally sucked. I would venture to say that there was hardly anything even on sale from regular prices. I saw no one actually buying anything. That will prolly be my last venture into CC, as I am pretty sure there is not any deals to be had.

you're SOL furthermore don't spend your time shopping there. marking something up 50% only to put a 25% off sticker on it is an insult.

The CC around me only had 10% off everything. You can still get better deals on the internet. I'd say around the end of February things should get a little better because IIRC, that's the end of their fiscal year (or maybe that was BB).

TVs now have a 15% discount. The discounts are going to keep getting better and better. The CC near me is gonna be open until late March.

the thing is, they gradually discount their stuff, so people who value it higher will buy sooner; thus near the end when there's actually reasonable discounts (for us or the educated consumer), the items are most likely already gone.

i like how the guy already returned it without problems and there's still people replying afterward how he's SOL hahah.

I went to the one by me the other day and it was CompUSA redux (the two CompUSAs by me closed last year), their prices were so high to begin with that anything less that a 50%-70% discount will just seem like internet prices, there are so many ignorant consumers out there that by the time the prices are decent most of the good stuff will have been bought already, no wonder these places are going out of business, the very last day of the CompUSA sale, they had laptops that were supposedly 70%-90% off, and they were still priced the same as comparable laptops at Best Buy that weren't even on sale...

you're SOL furthermore don't spend your time shopping there. marking something up 50% only to put a 25% off sticker on it is an insult.

read my post a couple up. they took it back no questions.

Went in to one in GA today. They are still at around 20% for computer accesories and 10% for laptops. 40% for some other useless things.

No good deals yet.

Computer parts in stores are always overpriced, i've only seen deals on monitors... such as in Best Buy

Just went there yesterday (Tampa, FL--the one in Citrus Park). What a load of crap. Nothing even remotely close to a deal. I fell sorry for the people loosing their jobs but the company deserves it for running a business like this. I wish we had a Fry's in my area :-(

Just went there yesterday (Tampa, FL--the one in Citrus Park). What a load of crap. Nothing even remotely close to a deal. I fell sorry for the people loosing their jobs but the company deserves it for running a business like this. I wish we had a Fry's in my area :-(

Same, I am down south and same thing, utter garbage. Only when it goes to 60-80% and thats a maybe!

Yea. 90% off DVD media will be nice. I remember when Comp USA went out of business I went there near the end of the last day. Picked up some books and a laptop adapter for a imac portable for when you are on the air plane. It was 50 cents.

Fresh deals? All of them are liquidating, so no there wont be any fresh deals. They will continue to mark down the marked up prices each week.

Just bought a 80gig PS3 from them today for $320 the guy said they just got 70 of them in stock today i thought it was a hell of a deal.

We bought a Wii for $199 for 20% off, and they received a shipment of at least 50 Wii's last Saturday/Sunday (Sugar House, Utah location). They also had all video games 30% off. Picked up Fallout 3, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, CoD5, and Little Big Planet for the wife all for $41.99 each.

Back