Circuit City 50% Off games 19.99 and under

Potentially very hot! Last time they had this special, many clearance games came out really cheap. I got all these for ~$91 + tax total:

STALKER
Rise of Nations (jewel case)
Battlefield 2
GTR
The Movies
Sid Meier's Railroads
Perimeter
Faces of War
Armed and Dangerous
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II
Battlefield 2142
DNA
Battlefield 1942 Complete Collection
Gothic 3
Darwinia
Call of Juarez
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Star Trek Legacy
Titan Quest

There's a thread at CAG with the old clearance list. It might get updated as people start buying more games today like it was last time.

I might stop by and pick up gothic 3. I checked their site, and its not on there, but it shows otehr games for as low as 5 bucks. Not bad.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Lord...66838/catOid/-16501/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch King is only $2.40!

You're crazy if you don't get it for this price.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Batt...37977/catOid/-16501/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

BF 2 Special Forces is $9.32.

Stalker and Rainbow Six Vegas are $10! So is Battlefield 2142! Sims 2 Celebration Stuff and Family Fun Stuff are $5!

NWN 2 Mask of the Betrayer - $10.00

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Neve...93818/catOid/-16501/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I picked up 7 games for ~$47:

Perimeter $4.33 (2nd copy for multiplayer vs my nephew)
The Ship $2.19
IL-2 1946 $10 (all 5 games: IL-2 1946, IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters, Ace Expansion pack)
SimCity 4 Deluxe $10 (w/ Rush Hour expansion)
Sim Mania 3 $7.50 (6 games: SimCopter, SimGolf, SimCity 3000, SimThemePark, SimCoaster, SimSafari)
EA Strategy Collection $2.74 (5 games: B&W 2, B&W 2 Battles of the Gods, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth, C&C Generals, C&C Zero Hour)
Half-Life 2 $10

:D There were plenty of games left that I had picked up last time and didn't want today. I only priced checked 4 games that I wasn't sure about and most were marked down. There are a lot of games that would be $10 or less, including most big box EA collections and all the jewel boxed games.

where would the sale games be at in the regular game section or somewhere else??
They are mixed in with the rest. And virtually none of the price tags are updated either. It's like treasure hunting. :p

I posted the known list of clearance games in the last 50% off thread and others added their findings here (scroll down to #13 and later): http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1267383

The CAG thread added these today (some are probably duplicates from the other list):
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time $3.50
EA Warfare Collection $5.48
Battlefield 2: Special Forces $9.32
World of Warcraft $9.99
Battlefield 2142 $9.99
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition $10.00
Resident Evil 4 $10.00
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas $10.00
Prey LE $7.50

or you can sign up on CAG and keep updated faster. :p

Gothic 3 - $3
EA Strategy Collection - $2.74
The Ship - $2.19
IL-2 1946 - $10

That is a lot of gaming goodness for $20.

Battlefield 2 Deluxe is really $4.66? Seems a bit cheap. Grabbed that from the other thread, seems like a crazy low price since it isn't it $19.99 usually? The old thread says it's $4.36 for Special Forces but it's $9 in store?

I'd go for Battlefield 2 Deluxe but I don't want to waste the gas =/ I could see regular Battlefield 2 being $5 since it's only $9.99 usually.

I'd go for Battlefield 2 Deluxe but I don't want to waste the gas =/ I could see regular Battlefield 2 being $5 since it's only $9.99 usually.
Very few people at CAG got it in the last round and I didn't see it in 2 different stores last time or today. IOW, I wouldn't count on finding copies of BF2 Deluxe so save your gas.

They are mixed in with the rest. And virtually none of the price tags are updated either. It's like treasure hunting. :p

I posted the known list of clearance games in the last 50% off thread and others added their findings here (scroll down to #13 and later): http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1267383

The CAG thread added these today (some are probably duplicates from the other list):
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time $3.50
EA Warfare Collection $5.48
Battlefield 2: Special Forces $9.32
World of Warcraft $9.99
Battlefield 2142 $9.99
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition $10.00
Resident Evil 4 $10.00
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas $10.00
Prey LE $7.50

or you can sign up on CAG and keep updated faster. :p

And a lot of them don't even ring up correctly. That place is a joke. I got Stalker for $10, but it rang up for $20 and most of the stickers said $40. I found 1 copy with a $10 sticker thank goodness.

Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales is $1.00, I bought 4 copies as gifts, b/c Pirates rock.

So if you go to a retail store, how can you tell if the game is 50% off?
and is it only the games $19.99 and under?

I ended up getting:

Prey Collectors Edition
Titan Quest Immortal Throne
Stalker
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

36$

When you are at the checkout, many times at CC, the item will ring up with the regular price, despite being advertised for less. Tell them it was advertised for a lower price and they should look it up. I find this happens frequently at CC, so don't be shy to correct them. If they will not relent, then either elevate it or walk away.

update from the CAG thread:
Alien Shooter Vengeance - $2.19
Black & White 2 - Battle of the Gods - $3.00
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - $6.48
City of Heroes: Combined (This has both Heroes and Villians in one package) - $10.00
City of Villians Time Card - $8.98
Company of Heroes (Not the Game of the Year Edition) - $10.00
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $0.25
Diablo II - $10.00
GTR 2: Game of the Year Edition - $7.50
Jericho - $8.50
Need for Speed Carbon - $1.87
Oasis - $2.50
SiN Episodes - $5.00
Sweet Tooth (Bejewelled clone) - $3.50
Wizard's War Chest [Contains Evil Islands, Etherlords, & Etherlords II] $5.00

I wanted to find NFS:Carbon, but none were in stock. :(

i got
san andreas
il2 collection
battlefield galactica

what a waste of 3 hours

Ordered STALKER for in-store pickup, $10.50 after tax. When I go pick it up tomorrow, I need to check for SimCity 4. Only $10 but no in-store pickup and not available on-line :(

was Ghost Recon 2 Advanced Warfighter suppose to be 10$? i checked there site an it said only the first one lol

Picked up Gothic 3 last night in store for $3.00. On the outside of the box the sticker said 49.99 :D

Ended up getting these -

Galactic Civilizations 2 - $5
Call of Juarez - $5
Quake 4 - $10

And my girlfriend picked up -

Sweet Tooth - $3.50
Puzzle Quest - $10

Games I scanned but didn't pick up

Sword of the Stars - $8
Heroes V - $7.50

Ha, I meant $10, which I think still might be too much for the game ;) Was hoping it would have been sub $10, but I bothered the cashier enough for price checks, and I figured if I spent $5 on a probably shitty FPS, $10 for a semi above average one is ok.

I am an FPS whore, though =/

I went to my local CC and looked for Guild Wars because pxc's post in the other thread said that Guild Wars Nightfall Collector's Edition was $9.48. I got there and it was $70. Not sure if thats an old price tag. Oh well

My circuit city is terrible at tagging items and setting up clearance bins so the only game I got was GTR2 for 2.50. Hopefully, these suggestions will help out when I go for a second run tomorrow.

I went to my local CC and looked for Guild Wars because pxc's post in the other thread said that Guild Wars Nightfall Collector's Edition was $9.48. I got there and it was $70. Not sure if thats an old price tag. Oh well
Just do like everyone else and take a stack of games up. You can check the prices as they scan. The cashier can easily remove the game if you don't want it.

At the Circuit Cities in Raleigh and Cary, NC, was able to snag:

NWV2 - Mask of the Betrayer, $10
Titan Quest, $10
Call of Juarez, $5
F.E.A.R., $5
IL-2 Collection, $10
BFMO: Witch King, $3

None of them marked down of course, had to carry the stack to customer service to price check.

Now I just need someone to sell me time so I can play them. :)

Nice. I think I might swing by there tomorrow. I was waiting to see if people posted some finds...but now I see there are a few games there that I'm interested in so it won't be a complete waste of time for me driving over to CC...:p

At the Circuit Cities in Raleigh and Cary, NC, was able to snag:

NWV2 - Mask of the Betrayer, $10
Titan Quest, $10
Call of Juarez, $5
F.E.A.R., $5
IL-2 Collection, $10
BFMO: Witch King, $3

None of them marked down of course, had to carry the stack to customer service to price check.

Now I just need someone to sell me time so I can play them. :)

$5.00 for F.E.A.R.? I've gotta take a trip to CC and see if they ahve that :D

I checked out another CC on the way home and bought:

Eragon $1.64 <- probably close to what it's worth :D
Jericho $8.50
RE:4 $10.00
The Ship $2.19

I also bought Stubbs the Zombie online for $5.48.

edit: score! I found these at the CC close to my home:
FEAR $5
NFS:MW $5
LOTR: BFME2 Rise of the Witch King Expansion $2.30
GTR2 $2.00

That's enough. I need to stay away from CC now.

Picked up Prey for $6 something, and Company of Heroes for $10

Both of them marked $49.99 :rolleyes:
Had to make the Tech Dog or whatever guy price check them for me.

Stopped in last night scored the following.

Diablo II
Diablo II Lord of Destruction
2142 Battlefiled

Also picked up expansions for Battlefield 2 and Black and White 2 by mistake. Had too many stickers on the front of the case.

picked up

2142 bf $10.00
jericho $8.50
top spin 2 $8.00
stalker $10.00
Zoo Tycoon 2 $4.50

not too bad goin to stop by another cc and see what they have.

Back