Cinema 4D animation

Nuzzles

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, so I'm just wanting a simple setup here.

I have a faucet, with an emitter. I want to be able to rotate the knob, and when that is done, the emitter is activated.

Are there any tutorials out there for this type of thing? No strike that, I'm sure there are, but are there any ones that will imply you have no earlier knowledge with programming (I don't)

Any help would be appreciated.

are you creating a static animation, or something that is interactive?

Nothing interactive. Just want a video of the animation, is all.

Edit: I figured out how to have the handle turn before the emitter starts up, but that's just a timing thing...I wanted to trigger it...However, I'll make due with what i have at the moment, if triggering it would be too complex.

Nuzzles said:
Nothing interactive. Just want a video of the animation, is all.

Edit: I figured out how to have the handle turn before the emitter starts up, but that's just a timing thing...I wanted to trigger it...However, I'll make due with what i have at the moment, if triggering it would be too complex.

why trigger it? You're not creating anything interactive, unless the faucet is going to be turned on and off several times in your animation, I see no benefit to a trigger mechanism.

Sure, there's no benefit at the moment. But, it would be handy to know, and in a couple of days i could have an idea " Oh, would've been handy to have learnt that the other day". So, why not? xD

By the way, I'm in no posistion to talk about your modeling... I did see your nvidia wallpaper thing. O.O

thanks :D If you do figure out how to trigger something, let me know. That would be a handy trick to have up my sleeve.

somewhere else you might want to check is cgsociety.org, there are some really good cinema 4d guru's over there.

Heh, will do. :p Would be handy, yep.

Thanks for the link. I'll look more into that soon. >..<

My animation is rendering at the moment, I'll post it when it's done.

Any chance you could link me to a site to host the video, so it plays in the browser like yours did. I don't want to use rapidshare for a small-ish file. >.<

all I did is upload a small avi and link directly to it. Your browser determines what to do with it from there.

Back