Cinebench 44 cores / 88 ht

Sorry for the cell phone shot

Whos setup is this? looks about 2500 bucks on ebay each. Thats a dual cpu system as well right? most powerful in the world for only 2 cpus. Its only 6X Times faster than my pc

impressive......only thing i dont like is spending huge amounts of money for nothing. Assuming you bought 4 titans for gaming makes no sense to me...now maybe your getting some kind of huge cuda or opencl work out of them? that could make sense. I like the way everything is easy to work on and has open air:) what are those cards above the titans? 2x NVMe drives?

LinusTechTips only got about 5200 points with Cinebench R15 and they also got two 2699 v4. Why is your setup so much faster?

I might just need a bucket for all this drool. Mad props! What are you normally running? 3d animation + GPU rendering?

And that case is sweet :D

LinusTechTips only got about 5200 points with Cinebench R15 and they also got two 2699 v4. Why is your setup so much faster?

maybe I put a lot of thought into the build, configuration, bios, os, drivers and set up.
The defaults are the worst choice.
On the the prior cinebench on the 2699 v3, there's a high score of 4705, that's mine as well (mid 2015)

Example, using the bios cache on die setting will instantly give greater performance

The devil is in the details. Example: the primary video card is on the bottom, not the top like most. On this board the bios and boot can also come from that slot. It's faster and all the cards run cooler that way.

Other config detail, on this board I can have full quad sli, AND 3 more available slots to use at the same time.

The raid goes through the pch, not the cpu lanes, this includes designating sits as pch rather than CPUs.

That and countless other set up configurations

I might just need a bucket for all this drool. Mad props! What are you normally running? 3d animation + GPU rendering?
And that case is sweet :D

Thank you, I game with it and I do medical imaging and nuc med, and game with it.

I also vm unique applications and specific builds.

impressive......only thing i dont like is spending huge amounts of money for nothing. Assuming you bought 4 titans for gaming makes no sense to me...now maybe your getting some kind of huge cuda or opencl work out of them? that could make sense. I like the way everything is easy to work on and has open air:) what are those cards above the titans? 2x NVMe drives?

Yes, those are the two nvme drives, I boot both OSs from there.

As for the Titans, well at 4096x2160 and configured correctly, with custom profiles, running games with max eye candy and running closer to quad sli scale, is there a possibility that I can do more than the defaults?

I routinely try to get the most out of games including custom .ini, cfg, xml files and available mods that enhance graphics.

The unit does other things well, transfer speed is pretty decent
This was done during a backup:

My temps at idle when the room is 70-73'F

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess it goes without saying those titans days are numbered....wouldnt 2 new 1080's be better performing than the 4 titans? At least sell of 2 of them so you can swap in the new stuff when it goes to retail. Maybe you just going to hold out till the 1080ti's arive?

Guess it goes without saying those titans days are numbered....wouldnt 2 new 1080's be better performing than the 4 titans? At least sell of 2 of them so you can swap in the new stuff when it goes to retail. Maybe you just going to hold out till the 1080ti's arive?

Eh, looking at the 1080 benches they are only about ~20% faster average.

Maybe:

the 1080 without any overclocking is not actually much faster. My titans X SC each at 3840x2160 are close to the 1080. Add full eye candy, and more complex scenes and run at 4096x2160, the titan x sc starts to hold an edge compared to the published 1080 benches.

I'm not convinced on the 1080. I'm pretty confident 4-way sli on titan sc is fster and better than 2-way sli on 1080. The reasons are complex, but I in summary I have gotten the profiles and config on these 4 at better scaling than most. The 1080 is faster, but has less ram, less cores, and is not enough faster/deeper than the titan sc.

If they cleanup the mess they have made on founders edition, overclocked 2.1ghz demo, cleanup the mess of policy on dropping 4-way sli. cleanup the issues on the sli bridge, and show some real comparos, them I may consider it.

But, for now, I'm content sitting with what I have. This 1080 release has been a debacle and I'm not sure any longer what their marketing strategy was.

sorry for the long answer

That is crazy! Very well done! There is almost enough horse power to virtualize gaming for everyone on [H]

512GB of RAM... and they're not running the OS from RAM? What kinda lame ass setup is that? :D Host OS on the SSD storage or whatever the primary storage is, then set up a 140GB RAMdisk and use VMware Workstation to create a 128GB virtual hard drive that exists solely in RAM then install the Guest OS on that "solid state hard drive" and watch it scream - that thing would make even the most awesome SSD setup look like it's standing freakin' still in the middle of a glacier.

Even so, nice build, very nice Cinebench score obviously, but it can go faster. :D

What is this medical imaging you speak of? I want to learn what 4 titans + 22 cores are used for. I doubt even CGI graphics artists have these kinds of rigs.

maybe I put a lot of thought into the build, configuration, bios, os, drivers and set up.
The defaults are the worst choice.
On the the prior cinebench on the 2699 v3, there's a high score of 4705, that's mine as well (mid 2015)

Example, using the bios cache on die setting will instantly give greater performance

The devil is in the details. Example: the primary video card is on the bottom, not the top like most. On this board the bios and boot can also come from that slot. It's faster and all the cards run cooler that way.

Other config detail, on this board I can have full quad sli, AND 3 more available slots to use at the same time.

The raid goes through the pch, not the cpu lanes, this includes designating sits as pch rather than CPUs.

That and countless other set up configurations
What do you think of sharing your knowledge? :)

A true system builder vs someone like linus who puts sponsored shit together for youtube. That benchmark just proves a whole different level of system prep.

Great work.

Why would you assume it's for gaming? The low clock speed and high core count should tell you it's not, and if that doesn't do the trick, the massive memory should.

Maybe for someone else, I'll never put Windows 10 on any computer I own

I was just mentioning it.

Without a doubt, the #1 OS for the Top 500 Supercomputer list continues to be Linux, at 99% share :D

This is the primary reason Nvidia works so hard to perfect their Linux driver performance and stability, and one of the reasons AMD is still playing second-fiddle in large compute installations.

I was just mentioning it.

Without a doubt, the #1 OS for the Top 500 Supercomputer list continues to be Linux, at 99% share :D

This is the primary reason Nvidia works so hard to perfect their Linux driver performance and stability, and one of the reasons AMD is still playing second-fiddle in large compute installations.
You actually mean the O's with under 2% market share right? Ye it's pretty special alright

You actually mean the O's with under 2% market share right? Ye it's pretty special alright

You know, in 15 years Linux kernel has managed to take over everywhere. Android, web servers, and now it runs 494 of the the Top 500 Supercomputers in the world.

Operating system Family / Linux | TOP500 Supercomputer Sites

The only place it hasn't taken over is among the general computer user population, and that's mostly due to people not caring about the cost of having an OEM provide a preinstalled copy of Windows or OS X. Right tool for the job, and all :D

That, and every time Linux has made in-roads (EEE PC originally shipped with Linux, then later Chromebooks), Microsoft has countered with cheap XP for Netbooks,and now gives Windows away for free on sub-$200 machines (to compete with Chromebooks). It's been no easy task fo Microsoft to halt Linux in it's tracks.

But for people who need to get work done Linux is a viable option. It's infinite malleability plus zero licensing cost-per-core make it especially enticing to Supercomputers with hundreds of thousands of cores.

Last edited:
You know, in 15 years Linux kernel has managed to take over everywhere. Android, web servers, and now it runs 494 of the the Top 500 Supercomputers in the world.

Operating system Family / Linux | TOP500 Supercomputer Sites

The only place it hasn't taken over is among the general computer user population, and that's mostly due to people not caring about the cost of having an OEM provide a preinstalled copy of Windows or OS X. Right tool for the job, and all :D

That, and every time Linux has made in-roads (EEE PC originally shipped with Linux, then later Chromebooks), Microsoft has countered with cheap XP for Netbooks,and now gives Windows away for free on sub-$200 machines (to compete with Chromebooks). It's been no easy task fo Microsoft to halt Linux in it's tracks.

But for people who need to get work done Linux is a viable option. It's infinite malleability plus zero licensing cost-per-core make it especially enticing to Supercomputers with hundreds of thousands of cores.

I've been a slut, I've been with both linux and MS and now I'm doing both at the same time.

Running MS Data Center and the latest Ubuntu, dabbled with Mint and CentOS.

Spent years on Debian, turbo, RedHat, and for a long time Suse was a favorite.

On Windows I liked 2000 adv server, 2003 srv 64 bit, then XP64, 7 Ultimate 64.
Skipped Me, Vista, 8, 8.1 and definitly skipped 10.

privacy too important to me
usability very important to me
tired being a lightbulb powering the constant privacy/marketing engine.
DRM lately has nothing to do with protecting content.

Same with games, like to click the exe and play without some marketing snooping client running in the background so that it ends up feeling like rent-to-play. Take brand x, I love playing portal 2, but when their servers are down, that means I can't play.

I hate the whole scam: "..requires one time activation of _ _ _ _ "
its so not true, you can't play without the client running...unless yer creative

to bad, I'd gladly pay 2x the price of a decent game NOT to use the client.

People are fickle with their privacy. A little bit at a a time, they give it all away

linus tech tips did a couple videos on these cpu's, including the most recent 10 gamers 1 cpu setup (technically an inaccurate name yes) where he used steam boxes to local stream a bunch of pc's gaming at the same time. Looked pretty slick I liked it a lot.

threw it together a month ago

2x E5-2699 v4
512GB ram 2400mhz
4 Titan X SC
2x NVMe drives
10x SSD RAID
4096x2160
modded P5 case
1650w

fV0hUik.gif

Back