Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

RJ1892

[H]ard|Gawd

CHRONO CROSS is an RPG that transcends time and space, unfolding across two interlinked parallel worlds.​

With over 40 party members to meet, people and dimensions will intertwine in this epic drama about the planet itself.Utilising an innovative turn-based style battle system, CHRONO CROSS is a unique RPG that follows the protagonist “Serge” as he crosses time on his quest to save himself dying in a parallel universe.
Those who purchase the game will also receive a CHRONO CROSS wallpaper!

New Features in the Remastered Edition​

・3D models converted to HD・Refined character illustrations
・Higher-quality background music
・Switch enemy encounters on or off
・Background filter feature
・Battle enhancement features to make combat easier
・Auto-battle function
・Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
・Change screen resolution

Arriving April 7th 2022 on Steam, XB1, PS4, Nintendo Switch.

https://press.na.square-enix.com/CH...DREAMERS-EDITION-ANNOUNCED-FOR-PLAYSTATION4-C

Last edited:
I Might get this as I lost my original disc during my last move and I wanted to revisit it as I only played through it once.

I Might get this as I lost my original disc during my last move and I wanted to revisit it as I only played through it once.
I'm in the opposite boat, I have my discs but no Playstation. I'll likely pick it up again if the port is in good shape. It's one of those games I would like to play again.

I'm in the opposite boat, I have my discs but no Playstation. I'll likely pick it up again if the port is in good shape. It's one of those games I would like to play again.
Could make images of the discs and play with Duckstation.

Could make images of the discs and play with Duckstation.
I would if I could, but I don't have a CDRW drive these days. There's been a few times I thought about getting one of those external ones but feel I would use it like once every five years. I just keep the game for sentimental reasons and to put it on a shelf.

Sadly I lost the PlayStation as well but have a PS3 that could have played the discs. I’m pretty sure the movers stole that box but by the time everything had settled it was too late to dispute.

It's a pretty cheap remaster. It doesn't seem that much better than what emulators have been able to do for many years now.
The interface looks updated, but otherwise the kind of upscaling I see in the trailer can be done in Duckstation.

was interested in it when it was new, but afaik it did not launch in Europe.

Also is it me or is there no widescreen support?

Looks like they did a super lazy upscale port of this game. I was kinda on the fence about buying it anyway, so now no plans to get this. The game wasnt that great though anyway, as I was seriously dissapointed in it when I got it at launch back in the day. It was hyped to be the next chrono trigger, but was nowhere as good as that game in both story or gameplay.

I heard they aren't using the original soundtrack for this game (could be wrong), but I lost interest at that point.

I heard they aren't using the original soundtrack for this game (could be wrong), but I lost interest at that point.
They just re-recorded some of the tracks since the originals were limited by the PlayStation's hardware. I imagine it is an improvement while keeping the overall sound of the original much like the remastered soundtrack in FFX-HD.

https://nitter.domain.glass/chronogame/status/1511773482488676355
1649274325311.png

EDIT: Actionsack was removed from the Nitter instances. Updating link.

Last edited:
sounds like its going to be just as boring as it was 25 years ago

Yeah it isnt a very good game, both the plot and characters are very boring. it is a very painfully average game, and comparing it to chrono trigger when it launched only made it look even worse. I think the only reason this game sold at all was due to the chrono trigger name, if they had named it anythign else it wouldnt have sold at all.

Yeah when I tried it for the PS2 or PS1? I couldn't even see the graphics it was all blurry on my CRT TV.

Yikes, this is just a crappy PS1 emulated version?

Yeah seems like it, with a poorly done AI upscale that no one checked to see if it looked like crap. Looks like this is a pure profit game with little effort put into it.

RDNA 2.0 issues with new patch?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1133760/view/3663152658878163658

Version 1.0.1.0 of CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION has now been released.

Update Content
・Framerate improvements
・Changes to the growth system for Pip
・Other minor bug fixes

(When using the hardware stated in the recommended specs for the Steam version, you can expect the game to run at an average of 60FPS (30FPS maximum outside of battle scenes.) However, due to the rendering system used in the game, it is possible that when using certain graphics cards, some scenes with particularly high load may not run at 60FPS. The cards we have observed this occurring with are in the AMD Radeon RX 6000 series.)

Details about the update have been posted on the official website and the support page.

*The information is now being prepared for publication. We will share any updates once it’s ready.

Back