Chromecast 2014: An Open SDK, Big International Plans

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you thought the rollout for Google’s Chromecast was just a big flash-bang show for the masses, you are very mistaken. Google has big plans for the little device with possibly thousands of compatible apps coming for international markets.

Google hasn't opened up Chromecast to every publisher yet because it hasn't finalized the SDK, according to company representatives.

Just bring the ability to play local media back, and allow me to easily display whatever is on the screen/play whatever is coming through the speakers, of my phone/tablet and I will have all I really feel is lacking from the device.

Just bring the ability to play local media back, and allow me to easily display whatever is on the screen/play whatever is coming through the speakers, of my phone/tablet and I will have all I really feel is lacking from the device.
This... but they can't sell you this, so you won't get it.

Local media playing is there is Plex Media Center

Plex is a regrettably narrow definition of "local content" where phones and tablets are involved.

so upset that the Echo decided to drop Andriod support. If the Ceton Echo got similar capabilities... Game over man, game over.

I'm hoping they add ESPNwatch, Showtime, & Fios streaming app in the next app wave. This little thing rocks :D

Back