Chromebooks Outsold Apple's MacBooks In 2013

It seems like most people who buy Apple don't find the need to boast about their purchase.

Then why do children with MacBooks feel the need to knock the $200 device when people find it useful and are buying more of them? Then, post braindead stuff like boasting a company's profit? Who really says that unless your parents buy your iToys?

Then why do children with MacBooks feel the need to knock the $200 device when people find it useful and are buying more of them? Then, post braindead stuff like boasting a company's profit? Who really says that unless your parents buy your iToys?

I don't understand the profit thing either, that doesn't really seem like a pro to me. But it's like comparing a gaming laptop to an ultra book. They are designed for different purposes. TBH, this all boils down to the fucktards writing these articles.

Insecurity in their purchase. When faced with $200-400 equivalents that do just as good as a job, they need to vigorously defend their purchase even more in order to feel like they didn't just waste their money. This involves a lot of goalpost moving. "Find me another laptop ENTIRELY MADE OUT OF MACHINED UNIBODY ALUMINUM for the same price" nevermind that the comparison model has twice or four times the ram, cores, storage, ports and lack of warranty voiding for upgrading components yourself... all for half the price.

We get it. You paid a grand+ for a laptop that was designed to be a one-size-fits-all lowest-common-denominator solution and you don't want to be reminded that you did the least [H]ard thing possible when making a computer purchase.

It's like people absolutely revel in their ignorance on here. Good examples are in how much misinformation I've had to correct when it comes to Chromebooks in this thread alone.

My most favourite bit of cognitive dissonance will always be this, though: People who tell me that Apple products are superior (while ignoring it's all still made by Foxconn, who also build HPs and Dells) but INSIST that I purchase an AppleCare warranty extension as you WILL need to use it within the 3 years that it covers your product.

Very confidence inspiring, that...

Please find me a comparable laptop to a retina macbook pro 13". Please, instead of constantly saying "I have a better option", why don't you post some links?

Please find me a comparable laptop to a retina macbook pro 13". Please, instead of constantly saying "I have a better option", why don't you post some links?

Please quote where I said "I have a better option"...

Goalpost moving is a fact of life in this forum when you respond to anyone gloating about their Macbook purchases. It's fucking tiresome. You guys are basically asking for a 1:1 clone at a lower price and that simply isn't the case with PC manufacturers.

Goalpost moving is a fact of life in this forum when you respond to anyone gloating about their Macbook purchases. It's fucking tiresome. You guys are basically asking for a 1:1 clone at a lower price and that simply isn't the case with PC manufacturers.

Ehm, didn't you just say a "comparison model has twice or four times the ram, cores, storage, ports and lack of warranty voiding for upgrading components yourself... all for half the price".

No one ever said to buy an Apple laptop if you only have $500 to spend. I don't see why YOU fail to realize the market for it. It's actually not a bad value for it's market segment (hint, check out ultra books). But you just have the "Apple sucks" agenda. Nothing new.

"Apple fanboys suck" agenda.

You should look at your own posts sometimes. If you look at them from a neutral position you look like an angry little child who isn't getting their way. But, whatever floats your boat. I am still waiting to see an answer to that quote from you. I would love to be proven wrong there as I was searching for a laptop like that 2 weeks ago and found nothing.

having been a windows person since windows 3.11 i decided to purchase a retina mbp 13 after playing with one while my wife got her iPhone fixed. its the best laptop i have ever owned. i will never leave windows desktops but for a portable machine the mbp is awesome. I'm also not an apple fanboy and i do crap on them a lot but they know what they are doing in the portable segment.

You should look at your own posts sometimes. If you look at them from a neutral position you look like an angry little child who isn't getting their way. But, whatever floats your boat. I am still waiting to see an answer to that quote from you. I would love to be proven wrong there as I was searching for a laptop like that 2 weeks ago and found nothing.

Immediately I was able to find quadcore laptops with 128GB SSDs for about half the price of the cheapest SSD based Macbook. 128GB SSD and Dualcore i5. The Samsung has USB3 and a better video card. 8.5 hour battery life, too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131667

Versus $1,399 on the MBP.

The response is always the same: Oh, but it's not retina. Oh, but it's not made out of metal. Oh, but it doesn't suck my dick like Zombie Jobs does. Oh, but it's not MAGICAL.

The new [H]ard... buying what your sister going to art school uses.

LEL.

USB3? My MacBook Pro has that(2 actually if you really care, not that I do).
Processor? Did you even look at your own link? It is an AMD Phenom II, which is not faster.
GPU? It's an 8250, which according to this is slower. http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8250.92241.0.html
And the resolution is junk, but that doesn't matter I guess right?

Also, $810 x 2 is $1620, not $1300 (FYI, macbook pro 13" starts at $1300).

So again, you have proven my point. You have to compromise.

It's not worth arguing. I think the macbook pro is by far the best premium portable computing device on the market - ultrabooks have, by and large, been pretty shitty. They're getting better. I like the Yoga Pro 2 quite a bit. But the MBP is an amazing machine. I've used so many ultrabooks with shitty trackpads. Horrible battery life. Screens that don't dim properly. HDMI out that won't go higher than 1080p. I could go on here. But the rMBP is just quality from top to bottom with none of the issues associated with so many ultrabooks - ultrabooks tend to be cheap in quality, whereas the rMBP feels like Apple really went the extra mile. It's a great machine.

Fact of the matter is, there is a large contingent of PC users that go batshit crazy at the mere mention of Apple and badmouth them no matter what. It has always been like this. I think the MBP is an excellent machine, and anyone who has used one wouldn't be able to deny it. So, whatever. Let them think what they think and argue until they're blue in the face IMO.... ;) At the end of the day they're wrong.

having been a windows person since windows 3.11 i decided to purchase a retina mbp 13 after playing with one while my wife got her iPhone fixed. its the best laptop i have ever owned. i will never leave windows desktops but for a portable machine the mbp is awesome. I'm also not an apple fanboy and i do crap on them a lot but they know what they are doing in the portable segment.

Same exact thing here. I entered a rMBP purchase not knowing what to expect. I've always been a Windows guy, and I had been disappointed by quite a few ultrabooks prior to my rMBP purchase.

Put simply, the rMBP proved to be an outstanding machine. Best portable i've ever owned. But some PC guys just have too much of an anti-Apple bias to recognize a quality machine if it hit them on the head.

There are high quality Ultrabooks but they are also high in price.

You comment about HDMI though really illustrates whats more important is buying the best fit product for you as opposed to trying to decide on some sort of best for all product. I personally prefer DP and miniDP but if you look at comments regarding laptops you'll find DP only has a negative while HDMI is a positive. It just goes to show what you need is more important than what others decide is best for you.

Same exact thing here. I entered a rMBP purchase not knowing what to expect. I've always been a Windows guy, and I had been disappointed by quite a few ultrabooks prior to my rMBP purchase.

Put simply, the rMBP proved to be an outstanding machine. Best portable i've ever owned. But some PC guys just have too much of an anti-Apple bias to recognize a quality machine if it hit them on the head.

In this particular scenario if they were hit in the head with a rMBP their head would sustain more damage than the machine.

I would note that this entire topic is ridiculous. Let me get this straight. A 200$ machine outsold a 100$+ machine. HOW SURPRISING. :rolleyes:

It's funny, but I've noticed more of that assumption on this forum and people who think they are better/more intelligent than Apple buyers because they buy Android or another OS.
Yeah, it's strange how the only way you could possibly buy an Apple product according to the users of this forum is to be of low intellect and/or a hipster. Of course you have to ignore all the intelligent and educated people who buy them to make that assumption... but lets not let that get in the way of some good old Apple hate and personal attacks on Apple users :rolleyes:

Your attempt to save face failed. :)

No, it's just knowing my audience. Nothing can convince you there is anything better than being farted on directly in the face by almighty Zombie Jobs himself. The effort is rarely worth it.

It's really the point of the conversation every single time the oral lubricating of the apple cock thread comes around. Apple, historically, has always been an overpriced, customer hostile company. They've shit on nearly every single group out there who was ever responsible for giving the Apple the image they wave around today: The mom and pop shops who sold their stuff when nobody else would carry it, the professionals who used their gear when nobody else would buy it... You can only pretend for so long that anything is a better option before you can't deny that any attempt to appeal to you is illusionary and that Apple will ditch your demographic like a hot rock the moment there's more money to be made elsewhere.

Especially the demographic here. The walled garden, fixed hardware spec approach is the very antithesis of customization, hacking, upgradeability that this forum is centered on. Products that do more than what they are advertised to do are praised here. The Macbook or Toilet Brush Holder Pro is not those kinds of products.

Let me give you another example of where Apple is absolutely retarded when it comes to product design. If you remove the battery from any of their products, it will not continue to run on AC. Not the iPod. Not the iPhone. Not the MacBook.

In fact, Apple DESIGNED the Macbook to continually draw from battery under load even when the AC adapter was plugged in. (Source: http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/22/macbook-and-macbookpro-suffer-performance-anxiety-once-the-batt/ )

Their response to this? Glue the battery into the Macbooks permanently. You're paying over a grand for a machine whose warranty is void the moment you want to remove the battery.

So forgive me for having grown tired of playing this little childish game that fanboys like to play when they say "FIND ME A BETTER DEAL!" and then nitpick and goalpost move every single time something actually is presented as a viable alternative to the MacBook. As I've said before... it'll be because something isn't a unibody or because something is a half a millimeter thicker or because something doesn't have the glittery magical fart dust of Zombie Jobs bestowed upon it.

Cheeseburger? Lobster? Really? Far from it. And no, Chromebooks are not broken within 10 mins. Everyone has such an ugly uneducated, biased self-interest comment / opinion that's so far off the mark, it's just begs for a rebuttal.

How about ( value / new school of thought ) outsold ( old school / evil capitalism )

You will never see Apple take their money and go into a state, 3 now and give real value to potentially millions of customers with Gigabit Internet / Cable for $120 a month that includes a free Nexus 7 2nd gen, DVR that can record 8 shows at one time, 500+ hours, along with a Wireless-AC router, etc.

What does that have to do with Chromebooks? It's the goodwill / brand loyalty that Google creates,

Apple is right there with Verizon, TWC, ATT, etc etc that are just interested in one thing, the money that's in your pocket. All of you with these products feel screwed, I know, I read your complaints here on HardIOCP daily.

The Chrome books - yeah, ask any busy PC repair shop how many they see of these things and who owns them. In my neck of the woods, It's always students, kids, teens and especially families that obviously have limited funds. I've seen 100 to 1 Chromebooks over Apple Products at my shop, on the street or at the library.

Want to see a Apple laptop? Turn on MTV or go down to Starbucks and gaze at all the presumptuous lemming-like hipsters (Tongue-in-cheek)

When I see people twist things around to serve their own personal agenda, it just tells me a lot about that person. Google is clearly involved in a lot of great / noble causes that goes a long way in helping the vast majority.

Apple's track record in these type of activities? Ehh .... not in this life time.

So it's a lot more than just Cheeseburgers out selling Lobster or Chromebooks falling apart within 10 mins.

Did anyone else hear that? It was this guys credibility going out the window.

<snip>rant</snip>

I'm not aware of any manufacturer that will honor a warranty after you've opened it and broke the seal. Most of the ultrabooks I've seen don't have a user serviceable battery either. Anyways, you seriously just compared a AMD ultrabook against a machine with nearly 2x the computing power and 2x the resolution, as far as I'm concerned - you're the troll here.

Also, I upgraded the ram in my 15" MBP, and a month later it died. I put the factory ram back in it and took it to the store 5 miles down the road. They gave me a new machine on the spot, and I walked out.

Good luck doing that with your Samsung.

Also, I upgraded the ram in my 15" MBP, and a month later it died. I put the factory ram back in it and took it to the store 5 miles down the road. They gave me a new machine on the spot, and I walked out.

Good luck doing that with your Samsung.

My Samsung won't die after upgrading the ram.

Check and mate.

Hell, the "worst" brand of all time, Acer, my netbook is on its 5th year without a single problem.

Yet all I hear are stories about people having to take their "superior" Macbooks in to get them replaced. Yeah. Customer service is supposedly fan-fucking-tastic which is why you guys talk about getting your shit replaced all the time.

But again, YOU GUYS HAVE TO GET YOUR SHIT REPLACED ALL THE TIME whereas I don't.

^ dude you got some other issues going on. Your comments really went downhill over the last several posts.

Pretty much sums up the iPhone 5s which is the netbook of phones with a tiny useless narrow 4" display that was common in 2011, archaic backlit LCD and not next gen OLED, measly 1GB DRAM compared to industry standard 2GB or 3GB, 2-core when 4-core is common, no 802.11ac, mediocre battery life, etc. Fingerprint is a gimmicky copy of the ~2002 HP iPaq. Even the Moto G is better.

You can image how uncomfortable it must have made a lot of people feel when the benchmarks reviewed that the dual core A7 blew away just about single mobile CPU on the market including the quad cores. Only the fully blown x86 Bay Trail was able to consistently beat it.

The other things you complain about are either needed to cover software inadequacies, or matters of personal opinion and usage.

no no you got it all wrong...the leading mobile chip developers saying they were kicked in the balls by the a7 is all smoke and mirrors :/

You can image how uncomfortable it must have made a lot of people feel when the benchmarks reviewed that the dual core A7 blew away just about single mobile CPU on the market including the quad cores. Only the fully blown x86 Bay Trail was able to consistently beat it.

The other things you complain about are either needed to cover software inadequacies, or matters of personal opinion and usage.

Your silly facts with things like superior hardware performance, the best mobile app market out there, customer service, great resale value, are all meaningless because anyone who likes Apple products are clearly brainwashed. There is no possible logical rational reason to use them :rolleyes:

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't change fact. Displaymate, which is the authoritative source on displays, shows the Note 3's display in movie mode surpasses the iPhone 5/5s in resolution, PPI and quality.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

58213.png

58214.png

iPhone 5S color accuracy is up there with professional monitors. Comparing the awful oversaturated calibrations of the Samsung devices is hilarious. They have some of the worst color out there. The least you could have done is bring HTC One into the conversation, but again, you've repeatedly shown ignorance in this thread.

Resolution is an obvious thing that the Note 3 beats the iPhone on, but that makes sense given that its a big phablet and not a proper size smartphone. Use your brain dude

You're still sticking your head in the sand. I mentioned Note 3 and Displaymate and you show a comparison for Note 2. Go here for the authoritative source on display testing. Too bad Apple had them pull the info for iPhone 5/5s that was once on there so you can see how pitiful they are in comparison. Not even 720p in 2014 makes them the netbook of phones and sized for little ladies' hands.

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_Note3_ShootOut_1.htm

You're still sticking your head in the sand. I mentioned Note 3 and Displaymate and you show a comparison for Note 2. Go here for the authoritative source on display testing. Too bad Apple had them pull the info for iPhone 5/5s that was once on there so you can see how pitiful they are in comparison. Not even 720p in 2014 makes them the netbook of phones and sized for little ladies' hands.

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_Note3_ShootOut_1.htm

From your own source, colors are more accurate on the iphone 5.

Forget the unibody chassis, find a comparable 1440p laptop with a trackpad that doesn't suck ass. Go ahead and use Slickdeals if you need to. You know what, I'll even help you by linking to a post I made on SD suggesting a 1440p laptop with a sub $1000 price. PC laptops with this res cost more then you think.

Back