chrome, safari, firefox will not play videos on ESPN website

dalearyous

[H]ard|Gawd
i get the image below for every video. what the hell? i have tried everything i found by googling. nothing works. if i hop on my PC right next to me they all work just fine in chrome or IE.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 11.34.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 11.34.09 AM.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 11
ESPN's website still uses Adobe Flash for video content that I'm aware of so, Safari (on macOS) doesn't have any Flash support at all unless it's installed manually, Firefox doesn't either (but can do HTML5 content), and Chrome comes with the Pepper Flash plugin but Chrome automagically blocks Flash content now since around version 55 IIRC and it can be very difficult to get it functioning properly with several options that need to be enabled.

Are you trying to watch videos on a smartphone or tablet or something and then on a PC? I ask because you said one thing but then said something else, so your post content is somewhat confusing to comprehend.

ESPN really need to get with the times, i can't believe they're still pushing flash on their website.

Bloody Flash, it just won't die!

sorry - im on my macbook pro and having the issue. i have installed the latest version of flash for firefox and for safari and they both give me the same result.

for firefox (after researching): i checked the flash settings to make sure the local storage setting was set to allow
for chrome (after researching): i dumped the pepperflash folder and restarted chrome to see if that helped

most of my effort was to get it working in chrome but i guess ill focus on trying to get it to work in firefox instead

For me ESPN videos play normally. Browser Firefox 56 and OSX 10.11.6.

Probably you need to clear up your browser cache. Press shift + refresh on your browser.

Running Chrome 60.0.3112.113 here under macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and the video's play fine....

Back