Chrome Passes 20% Share Milestone, Locks Up 2nd Place

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It’s that time again when someone or another rates the browser shares and starts another version of browser wars. In this iteration, Chrome was the clear winner, moving up to take 20% of the browser market with both Internet Explorer and Firefox losing shares.

The biggest loser, as has been the case for the last year: Mozilla's Firefox, which came dangerously close to another milestone, but on the way down.

918746d1370961072_another_scandal_hillary_sex_dr.jpg

Just use what you like. Besides Chrome, there are 16 Chromium variations, plus Opera, Safari and bunches of others. Besides, according to other stats, Chrome has way more than 20% usage.. if it DOES make a difference to you..

630px_Usage_share_of_web_browsers_Source_Stat_Co.png

In my experience, Chrome always give me problems.....
Not quite sure why people like to use it.... Or simply because it's by Google?
Another thing I dislike what Google decide to do is replacing native Android browser with Chrome...

I personally have better experience with Firefox and better extension support.

Another thing I dislike what Google decide to do is replacing native Android browser with Chrome...

How were you not expecting this?

I personally use it because I got used to it after FF slacked off for a few builds a few years ago.

Me love Firefox long time! :D
Bare-bones (no extensions or 3rd plugins, other than those that are packaged with the browser), I do like Chrome better. What wins it for me with Firefox are the extensions. The extensions that I use with Firefox I cannot live without and their Chrome counterparts just don't seem as nice to me.

Because it's the new hotness, until someone else decides to create a "Streamlined, less resource intensive" browser. The cycle happens every couple of years, especially among open software users.

I stopped using FF because it's a mess of memory leaking instability (and far less secure than other browsers). Chrome has been rock solid for years.

FF still solid for me. If it gets less popular that could be good to spur better development and features. Though adblock and noscript pretty much cover most things feature wise.

Call me a googler but switched from FF to Chrome several year ago and this 64 bit beta is doing me well

It's been all downhill since 4.0. haven't used FF on a regular basis since the 3.5 day's. chrome it is then

They use it because google pushes it everywhere. There are thousands of applications (not just by google) that wants to install chrome to your computer, and you have to click a ton of no's and uncheck boxes to be able to install the actual program you wanted.

Chrome is ok as a quick go to browser, but on any computer I use for more than 5 minutes I'll install FF. As you said better extensions and better addons. And more customization.

And also recent policies by google makes me use altrernatives to them where avaialable..

Chrome's built-in save-as-PDF is really handy for paperless environment. Only thing I can think of to make it even better is save-PDF-as-TIFF for the odd ball programs like Microsoft fax program.

Wonder what the stats would be in Apple made Safari for Windows? I use Safari on iOS devices and despite their plugin for Chrome, it doesn't sync bookmarks that well. I might be using Safari if they hadn't stopped making it.

Firefox is alright but they need to start separating the processes of each tab. Tabs run more smoothly i noticed when the processes are separated especially with flash and especially when lots of tabs are open. Too many tabs open in firefox consumes too much cpu power and ends up getting memory leaks in the end. It might save memory in firefox but who doesn't have 4GB or higher these days. Even 1.5GB or higher is alright for separate processes. Memory is in abundance these days. Need to start improving the mechanics of firefox and not just the interface. Hardware acceleration needs to be smoother. Needs to be fluid like. Internet explorers hardware acceleration seems more well done than firefox's. A lot of things need to improve. I still use firefox but it seems like they haven't changed much for over 4 years already other than the interface. Need a classic option for firefox 3.6 looks ;). That was the best interface of all. Usable and straight forward.

I've been a Firefox user for year and years but they keep shooting themselves in the foot with the UI and other than removing things from the option menu that should still be there not bringing much to the table under the hood.

I was a FF user until the latest update. Made it completely unusable, minimum 2 second delay between click and load. I don't feel like messing with it so I'm on Chrome for now.

Wonder what the stats would be in Apple made Safari for Windows? I use Safari on iOS devices and despite their plugin for Chrome, it doesn't sync bookmarks that well. I might be using Safari if they hadn't stopped making it.

They did offer safari for windows for a while. It was a huge flop.

Back