Chrome no sound!!! :(

GreatestOne

Limp Gawd
Ok, not sure how or why it happened but a few months ago the audio in anything played in Chrome is gone, and only Chrome, all other 4 browsers are fine for the same sites.

I saw some results on some Flash problem, but thats dumb, I mean, its Chrome, and I did uninstall and reinstall Flash but didnt do anything... if I cant use Flash with Chrome, it kinda makes it useless for me.

And yes in my playback devices it is on and the meter does go up and down for Chrome and "speakers," so its just like the browser is not pumping any actual audio to my speakers.

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Type in "chrome://plugins" (without quotes) into the address bar

Check out your flash plugins. Chrome comes with it's own flash plugin built in called Pepperflash. Since you have flash in your other browsers, I'll assume you'll have two flash plugins listed here.

Disable one of them. Trial and error and see what happens

Why are you checking Flash settings if there are other ways for Chrome to play audio?

Type in "chrome://plugins" (without quotes) into the address bar

Check out your flash plugins. Chrome comes with it's own flash plugin built in called Pepperflash. Since you have flash in your other browsers, I'll assume you'll have two flash plugins listed here.

Disable one of them. Trial and error and see what happens

Hmm, I tried that before and it didnt work but now it did, weird... well whatever works, dont care now... thanks!!!

Back