Chrome a security nightmare

(edit) from the article:
Well anyone who wants to search your financial information would need local access to your machine and if a person is sitting at your computer, you have a lot more things to worry about than him/her using Chrome’s history search. Conceivably a hacker could develop an app to pull the cache and index files off your computer and examine them later on another machine – these files reside in the “C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default” folder.
:eek:

Waffles. http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032974392&postcount=7

me said:
Since it's OSS, i'll wait for someone to strip the Google tracking from it. :p

I guess you can add indexing to that statement.

I think it is a case of Google software engineers living in a ideal world where no one would think of stealing anothers information. If they don't fix this I think Google might be opening themselves to a major class action lawsuit.

So, don't use financial stuff with Chrome, or does this index ALL bowser stuff from IE and firefox?

Hit Ctrl Shift N and chrome will open a new window in incognito mode, where it will not cache info or save browser history.

Even Better. That cache of Page Images on your "+" page can have all sorts of personal details in them.. Yikes Indeed.

Back