Christmas Light Hero

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
Now this is a cool idea. Do you think computer-controlled music-synced Christmas lights are passé? What about computer-controlled, Guitar Hero-synced Christmas lights? Check out the video below to see what I’m talking about. Thanks to [H] forum readers sirmonkey1985 for the heads up and Tzzird for the original find.

See front page for video.

I was wondering how he played all those notes with the track on the garage door. I think he had it memorized since it was out of sync with the song and I only saw the TV to the side at the end.

Awesome job though. What's up with the shorts?! They must be down south, because it's below freezing for me!

That kid is creepy! Good idea, but it looks like it would work without the kid playing, too. It's just all the same, just with a Guitar Hero light setup...

Nice song, though! :D

I was wondering how he played all those notes with the track on the garage door. I think he had it memorized since it was out of sync with the song and I only saw the TV to the side at the end.

Awesome job though. What's up with the shorts?! They must be down south, because it's below freezing for me!

At the end of the song, you can see there was a tv on the side of the driveway.

Amazing job either way. Gonna be hard to top that next year :p

RIAA copyright infringement lawsuit in 5..4..3...

Public performance? Check
Internet distribution? Check

Double whammy, this kid's gonna get owned, lol

In all seriousness though, that was totally awesome. Doesn't matter at all if it wasn't actually sync'd to what the kid was playing, still looked wicked awesome. Somehow I think that would piss off the neighbors in a hurry, though...

Could be a sync issue with the video itself.

Also it sounds too clear to be a live recording. Sound track was probably recorded separately.

Also it sounds too clear to be a live recording. Sound track was probably recorded separately.

Given the different people walking around and how they disappear, it's several takes probably edited together as well. You don't see multiple camera men walking around. :D

Its a good thing he didn't demo it with Metallica-One. Then he would really be screwed...

That is very cool. Way to think outside the box when putting up Christmas decorations!

I thought I saw someone else off to the side in the shadows with another controller.

Still, very creative.

I would still be out in shorts in slightly below freezing weather. I normally am out sholving snow in shorts and a short sleave shirt. So there isn't anything wrong with that.

Lots of girls wear skirts in the winter too. The legs aren't as susceptible to the cold as some of the rest of your body. About 55% of the body heat is lost through the top of your head.

Lots of girls wear skirts in the winter too. The legs aren't as susceptible to the cold as some of the rest of your body. About 55% of the body heat is lost through the top of your head.

It's nice when the pretty girls wear miniskirts in this weather! :D Then again, I'm in Florida now, so it never gets THAT cold, even in the winter time.

That was very cool. I definitely want to play that game! At least for 15 minutes or until I get bored with the lack of hi rez graphics, whichever comes first. ;)

That's because most people don't have anything up there to stop it...

:cool:

Back