Christmas "D" - What did Santa bring you?

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
I know of several systems coming on-line around this time. Show us what Santa left under your tree. I'll start:

IMG_20111222_142239.jpg

ScreenShot002.jpg

This is what happens when you get enough parts to run a system, but not everything you ordered. This is a 3p 6172 G34 system The specs (for now):

SuperMicro H8QGI+-F-O
3 x 6172 G34 - 2.1GHz
16 x G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3-1333 C7 1.5V (only 12 in use at the moment)
1 x CM Hyper 212+ HSF
1 x CM Hyper N520 HSF
1 x ThermalTake Socket 754 HSF

You'll notice that the Hyper N520 is mounted on an angle - these have the same issue with memory clearance described by hoth in the 2p/4p thread. The antique TT HSF actually has the same problem - I could not get 4 sticks of memory installed if I had the 4th processor using that HSF. As laughable as it looks, my highest temp is 58C, and it is overclocked to 2.36GHz. You may ask from the HFM screenshot, why an SMP instance? The reason is, the FAH client is limited to 24, 32, 40, or 48 cores (or higher - I assume it would be 56 and 64 as well.) Since I have 36 cores, I have 4 that can't be used by the main client. The SMP client uses those cores, thanks to a custom thekraken wrapper provided by tear to firedfly a while ago when fly had a 36 core machine.

The good news is, 3 x CM Hyper 212+'s should be here today, and the 4th 6172 was shipped yesterday. By next week, this machine should be at full capacity and not quite so "ghetto" looking.

Show us your stuff!

Last edited:
2 x 6128's
8 x 2GB GSkill 1333 @ CL7
And a lovely Tyan S8230GM4NR

Hope to flip the switch next week! Stupid family getting in the way of putting new D online... ;)

I got a corsair force3 gt 120gig ssd for bday/xmas. Holy crap, even though my board is only sata2, this thing is wicked fast compared the old spindle drives. sadly doesn't improve my ppd :(

With a little luck I'll be putting together a system with a 2500K and another system with a 2405S that will replace some of my older machines.

I got a OCZ 850 watt PSU in the mail yesterday. I will send off the MIR today. This should help get a new system running over the holidays.

ah.. the UPS man has arrived...

12-23-11 2p Asus board and accys 004.jpg

MOBO: Asus Z8PE-D12X.
CPUs: 2x Xeon X5550
HSFs: 2x Cogage True Spirit
Kingston Hyper-X KHX1600C8D3K3/3GX (6x1gb DDR3 1600 CL8)

Now let the building begin...

For my Christmas present I put together a new computer for me replacing my 5 year old E6750 Dual Core.

Intel i7 2600K (4.4 Ghz)
Asus P8Z68-M Pro
G-Skill Ripjaws 8 GB (HardForum Hot Deal a few weeks ago)
Radeon 3850
PSU
Using 2 TB SATA drive I already had

Upped my daily PPD from about 3,500 to around 27,000.

Quick Question: I know that bigadv is going away for this machine in a few weeks; however, what are the proper parameters to do them and are there any available right now? I have been folding with it for a couple of days and have just been receiving standard SMP.

HoosierDad

Quick Question: I know that bigadv is going away for this machine in a few weeks; however, what are the proper parameters to do them and are there any available right now? I have been folding with it for a couple of days and have just been receiving standard SMP.

HoosierDad
Regular -bigadv units are scarce at the moment. You aren't likely to get any even with the -bigadv flag enabled.

Regular -bigadv units are scarce at the moment. You aren't likely to get any even with the -bigadv flag enabled.

Thanks for the response. That is what I expected; however, I am unsure if I have the parameters set properly to run them if they release anymore of them.

ah.. the UPS man has arrived...

12-23-11 2p Asus board and accys 004.jpg

MOBO: Asus Z8PE-D12X.
CPUs: 2x Xeon X5550
HSFs: 2x Cogage True Spirit
Kingston Hyper-X KHX1600C8D3K3/3GX (6x1gb DDR3 1600 CL8)

Now let the building begin...

That is a similar rig to what I have :p. I am running the Z8NA-D6C and 6x1gb CAS 8 hyper-X, and a pair of X5570's with a pair of xigmatek gaia's on them.

No new computer hardware, but some awesome new toys posted up in the firearms subforum!

1 x ThermalTake Socket 754 HSF
LOL

I bought an antec 620w psu for my htpc so I could bring an extra pc online with a 3ghz xeon quad core and a gtx460. That pc generates about 20k to 30k ppd in a good day.

My sister gave me a G13 game pad.

this guy got an SR-2 + dual hexen as an early gift from santa

Back