Christina Ricci Painting in Photoshop

Sack

Weaksauce
Christina Ricci painting by Dean Packwood using Photoshop CS6 and Wacom Intuos3 Tablet. Time taken: approx. 12 hours.

Speed painting video on YouTube

Full size image (1920x1080) available here

8601681649_815e149240_c.jpg

This inspires me to try out using Digital Artwork. I used to be an avid artist, I was actually pretty good too, how hard is this stuff to use though? I need another hobby and if I could ever get close to that and do pics of our kids my wife wouldn't mind me shelling out the cash or spending time doing it.

Also .... how do you get the idea for the art I assume you are looking at a picture while doing the renderings?

Also .... how do you get the idea for the art I assume you are looking at a picture while doing the renderings?

Yeah, you should get back into it. You don't need to spend big bucks either, I've seen some amazing stuff painted in Gimp. You really need a good drawing tablet though, like a Wacom, but doesn't need to be the most expensive,

If you are doing a portrait of somebody, you definitely need a photo reference (or them to sit for you), good luck trying to draw someone from memory ;)

Thanks for the reply I am looking into it now, might have to run over to my dads house ..... he actually bought a really nice drawing tablet Intuos5 Medium that he couldnt figure out how to use and tossed it in a box in the basement! Looks like im going to go snag it!

BTW the relfections you did in Andy's glasses are amazing.

Thanks for the reply I am looking into it now, might have to run over to my dads house ..... he actually bought a really nice drawing tablet Intuos5 Medium that he couldnt figure out how to use and tossed it in a box in the basement! Looks like im going to go snag it!

BTW the relfections you did in Andy's glasses are amazing.

Thanks... yeah, Intuos5 Medium would be the boss! I'm still on an Intuos3 at home :(

Makes my photoshop work look like 2nd grade chicken scratch, thanks :(....

Wow. I envy people with this sort of impeccable talent... That sort of detail.. Even catching that sort of detail with the naked eye - then replicating it! It's amazing.

Back