Chopping a picture and putting it together in powerpoint..Help Please

xphantg0d

Gawd
Here is an interesting problem. I need some way of revealing pieces of a picture in powerpoint. You can think of it as a game and have a face and you have to guess whos face it is but only small pieces are revealed at a time. This needs to be in powerpoint and I am looking for a way to do it. So far I have only thought of 2 ways of doing this and they are both pretty annoying.

1. Manually take apart the picture in paint and save each one. Then copy them into powerpoint and put together the picture then set up the action so that one piece flys in at a time. This is annoying because you need to take apart the picture and save each piece and then put it back together and then program the animation.

2. Have the picture in powerpoint and make black boxes on top of it and have them fly off one at a time. This is also annoying since making the boxes neatly will take some time and again you need to manually program each animation.

This isnt just for one picture which is why I would like a faster, easier and more efficient way of doing this.

Thanks in advance,
-XPhantG0d

If you have macromedia fireworks, you can chop up pictures very quickly... and i guess photoshop (or another program like it) would work too.

Then just put them in powerpoint, so that way they make the correct image, and set your time'ings.

I don't know much about powerpoint, but if it allowed javascript, you could really get fancy ^_^

towert7 said:
If you have macromedia fireworks, you can chop up pictures very quickly... and i guess photoshop (or another program like it) would work too.

Then just put them in powerpoint, so that way they make the correct image, and set your time'ings.

I don't know much about powerpoint, but if it allowed javascript, you could really get fancy ^_^
how do you chop up pictures in fireworks?

you dont need to use fireworks to chop up a picture, any paint program can do it, possibly even microsoft paint.

just dont see the point in using fireworks to do it. unless that's all you have, of course.

But you must admit, fireworks will do it, and if xphantgod already has the program.... might as well. (like i said before, other photo editing programs can do the same thing).

In fireworks, there is a "slice" tool. This allows you to "slice" up the picture, how ever you see fit. Once you have the slices set up the way you want, go to file > export.

Then change from "save as type: html and images", to "save as type: images only". Make sure Slices is set to "Export Slices"

Name it, and it will Export the slices to where ever you saved it.
Then just re-align them in powerpoint, and set time'ings.

If you wanted to use a program such as photoshop, just select each piece, move it to a new document, and save it. Keep working with the same picture, and you will make sure that the slices come out perfect. Then just re-align them in powerpoint, and set time'ings. ^_^

~Hope this helps

Back