Choosing between LG 38UC99 vs Acer XR382CQK

Geronemo3

Weaksauce
Hi Guys,
So am in the process of upgrading my graphic card and getting a new monitor.
Currently using 2x 27" FHD.
That's 3840x1080

I am looking at the LG 38UC99 vs Acer XR382CQK.

I'll be using it for some basic stuff, video editing, casual occasional gaming like FIFA, Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider.
Split screen, running 2 simultaneous inputs is something I am interested in as well.

From what I know both are using same LG Panel.
The LG is $400 more (sounds crazy) I can put that $400 towards Vega 56 or 1070Ti.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/f4f51431c

Is the LG worth the extra $400?
Is there something I don't know about the difference?
Please feel free to give your 2cent.

Man, i was in the same position as you are.
LG or Acer. I'm a UI Designer and screens really matter to me and i was afraid to get the Acer since it was more geared to gamers. But i do game too...
At the end of the day, i got the Acer and it's freaking amazing. The 75Hz, if you have the horsepower, is noticeable and the quality of the panel is very good. Expect some light bleed through ( in white backgrounds you can see some shadows on top/bottom, left/right ) but nothing problematic. It because of the sheer size of the panel.
So ... i went with Acer and its great man.

What graphic card are u using.

Do Nvidia cards do 75Hz aswell? Of is that limited to AMD free sync only? Also did u calibrate it after buying it?

Thanks

Ive done post in video cards about this. I bought the acer also and got 1080ti strix. Vega just doesnt have the horsepower to run wverything at max at 75hz.

If you were looking at cheaper card then 1080ti and you game, Vega might be better option.

Ive done post in video cards about this. I bought the acer also and got 1080ti strix. Vega just doesnt have the horsepower to run wverything at max at 75hz.

If you were looking at cheaper card then 1080ti and you game, Vega might be better option.

Thanks. I was sure about Vega 56, someone here told me about 1070Ti coming out Nov 2nd so i am holding out for comparisons between Vega 56 and 1070Ti.

Thanks.

Thanks. I was sure about Vega 56, someone here told me about 1070Ti coming out Nov 2nd so i am holding out for comparisons between Vega 56 and 1070Ti. I a very casual gamer so 1080Ti is out of my budget specially since I am also getting a $1K monitor.

Thanks.

Back