Choosing between BenQ BL2420PT, AOC Q2577PWQ, DELL U2515H, LG 24UD58 and Samsung U24E850R

sich

n00b
Hi, guys. I'm ready to buy new monitor now and I don't want to wait more. So, i think, i need 23-25' inches IPS panel that costs about 250-500 dollars. I found 5 models, BenQ BL2420PT, AOC Q2577PWQ, DELL U2515H, LG 24UD58 and Samsung U24E850R that seemed most interesting to me. But I can't choose the one. I very want to buy some beautiful, colorful, radiant, glossy monitor like apple ratina displays in newest iMac.

BenQ BL2420PT has very good price (1*X, X is some value in my national currency), good leg, good matrix panel. But this is 23.6', I think I need some more. BenQ has non glossy matrix panel, and it has very big, terrible borders around display. I don't sure that it is minor problem (big stepped (duplex) frames is really awful).

AOC costs more (around 1.25*X) and offers small "invisible" borders and 25' panel. But it has f*ng glossy bottom-border, i think, that i will must to cover or paint over it. Besides, params of the panel in Q2577PWQ are worse than in U2515H.

DELL U2515H is good. Big size, small frames, good displaying picture, good leg. But it costs around 1.625*x, it is more, than some 4k displays. I don't sure, that is good idea to overpay for U2515H instead of BenQ BL2420PT.

LG 24UD58 and Samsung U24E850R. I don't know, I want to buy 4k display or not. Good smoothed fonts, but some problems with software, blurry games (in 1080p with upscale), besides, actually, there are no 4k movies in my native language. Samsung costs more (around 1.7-2*X) and offers good leg and panel, LG costs less (around 1.3*X) and offers bad leg and unclear quality (I don't understand the dirfference between 24UD58, 27UD58, 27UD68 and 27UD88, i can't find good reviews of 24UD58 model).

What would you choose? Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Not sure what you want - you need to decide which one will work best for you. For me I picked up a 27" 4K, IPS, 10bit, FreeSync monitor on sell for $399 back then price was $599, now the price is $499. Love that monitor, FreeSync works great and allows more games to be played smoothly at 4K. Now AMD downscaling is almost perfect, so the 4K running at 1440p looks better then my native 1440p IPS monitor due to pixel density. It has small bevels, inputs are Display port 1.2 or HDMI 2. Has PIP and other stuff that I do not use.

upload_2017-2-4_8-55-6.png

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-27-ips-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor/4922001.p?skuId=4922001

Bottom line is I cannot read your mind, know what monitor would be best for you, besides you have not even given much info on what you want to do with the monitor.

what you want to do with the monitor.
I planned to buy a monitor for a long comfortable working with texts. Sometimes I also use the monitor for multimedia.Even more rarely I play games. I need 23-25' IPS 60+Hz 1440/2160p 16:9 monitor. I don't know, which resolution is the best: 2560x1440 (and games in native resolution) or 3840x2160 (and games in upscaled 1440p, some programs works worse at high ppi monitor).
Love that monitor
Is it 27UD68? Can you help me to understand, what is the dirfference between 27UD58, 27UD68, 27UD88 models?

Last edited:
I have a 27UD68-W, W stands for a white monitor. Review here:

I use Windows 10 scaling for productivity work (Microsoft 365 software) which works well. Most programs will scale good some will not. At default 100% scale text can be rather small (now I don't have too much problem reading that size but if you are far sighted/need to wear glasses etc. that could be an issue). If you program scales well, virtually all mine does then that will not be an issue.

If I can't game at 4K, I just upscale using the Nano scaler which is rather awesome and run the game at 1440p. This monitor blows away my other Yamakasi 1440p Korean IPS monitor at 1440p. Games at 4K are astonishing.

For a short while I had a GTX 1060 hooked up to it and I was not impressed with the scaling or colors even though it was at 10 bit. I didn't try to adjust it which is most likely possible since it was a build for my daughter. The Nano just brings out the contrast, sharpness and colors better then the 1060 did.

I think I was in error, when I bought this monitor it retail price was $499, I got it for $399 on sell. Since this is a last year model, there maybe newer versions or better monitors available.

27UD88-W supports running your monitor using USB-C. USB-C has DisplayPort built in but for a PC good luck in using it. For a PC you are looking at using integrated GPU only as in on the cpu. Probably be OK with a MAC

27UD58 looks to be a cheaper version of the 27UD68, larger bevel, cheaper stand but the specs looks the same and cost less.

the Nano scaler
Sorry, what is it? I cant google a program with this name.

27UD88-W supports running your monitor using USB-C. USB-C has DisplayPort built in but for a PC good luck in using it. For a PC you are looking at using integrated GPU only as in on the cpu. Probably be OK with a MAC

27UD58 looks to be a cheaper version of the 27UD68, larger bevel, cheaper stand but the specs looks the same and cost less.
Thanks! But I don't sure, that 4k is comfortable (of course, with Windows scale) in 24 inches.

Sorry, what is it? I cant google a program with this name.

Thanks! But I don't sure, that 4k is comfortable (of course, with Windows scale) in 24 inches.
The AMD graphics card Nano to be specific, not software. 27" 4K monitor and comfortable for me since I will scale desktop to 1.25 which scales everything else. There is no set answer if you will like it or not, go to BestBuy or any other place and try out some 4K monitors to get a feel for what you would like. 1440p is a safe bet as well unless you are doing 4K videos or something like that.

No, the 1060 my daughter now has and lives in a different state. Just the Nano on that monitor.

Back