Choosing best cooled 1080ti..Asus Strix, EVGA hybrid or other?

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hello!
As I have a 980ti Hybrid cooler from Evga...my first thought when looking for the 1080ti was get a Hybrid as I like how silent it is but I also noticed the Strix seems to be performing really good. Although I still hate Asus for never recalling the original TransformerPrime tablet with its green camera issue, GPS issue and Wifi issues..among others, if this is the best 1080ti option as far as cooling, I will go for it.
And if there are other options that are actually better then I am opened to suggestions but so far, those are my two top choices.
Thanks

Strix has a nice cooler, but it's emphasis is more on low noise than it is ultimate cooling for high overclocks. Those two goals have a certain amount of overlap, but it's not exactly the same thing.

That being said, I don't know exactly how it stacks up to other options.

Strix has a nice cooler, but it's emphasis is more on low noise than it is ultimate cooling for high overclocks. Those two goals have a certain amount of overlap, but it's not exactly the same thing.

That being said, I don't know exactly how it stacks up to other options.
Makes sense. I guess I would like one that the cooler is so good that it improves is boosting if that is how it works. :D

Guru3D does noise/temp tests in their reviews. I never checked out the 1080Ti, but the 1060 and 1070 has the MSI Gamer line as the clear winner in temps/noise.

I'd focus on cooling temps and noise rather than performance. There's only a couple percent difference in performance between all the various models, and that's well within the margin of error for most benchmarks AND what your actual silicon will do.

The hybrids on the 1080 ti don't really do much for the card vs the aftermarket solutions. The 1080 ti usually maxes out around 2ghz. It's not like the 980 ti where an aio provided substantial boost in overclocking headroom.

MSI Gaming X 1080 ti gets my vote. I won't go Asus just because of horror stories with rmas

The hybrids on the 1080 ti don't really do much for the card vs the aftermarket solutions. The 1080 ti usually maxes out around 2ghz. It's not like the 980 ti where an aio provided substantial boost in overclocking headroom.

MSI Gaming X 1080 ti gets my vote. I won't go Asus just because of horror stories with rmas
I saw a local selling the MSI but the Duke version...I thought about getting it for a good price vs new.
Thanks for the info

What’s the air flow situation on your case? I opted for the 1080ti hybrid because I wanted the card to exhaust hot air instead of recycle it through my case as I don’t have tons of airflow. I have the fractal r5 with the window, designed more for noise suppression, and I have a Corsair h100i on the 5820k, so the blower style makes more sense I think. If you have a wide open case with lots of large fans maybe grab the msi lightning. If I wanted a card with an aftermarket air cooler that’d be my number one choice easily.

I went with the EVGA 1080ti FTW3 and have loved it. The fan noise profile isn't annoying and it'll keep it around 70 degrees and 2ghz while gaming.

Back