Choosing a Radiator for Corsair 650D

LatexRat

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to cool an Intel intel i7-3930k and was wondering which Radiator would be rock in my Corsair 650D Case. Is the Black Ice SR1 280 a good choice? Phobya G-Changer 280mm?

Thanks!

I'm currently water cooling my 650D right now and I have the Black Ice GT Stealth 240 and it fits really nice. As far as length goes I've seen some problems with 280 rads in there where they hit the HDD dock so a little bit of modding is required. Both the rads you chose are pretty thick so it might be tough to do. Mine is 30mm and I think it fits really well as far still having space for cables.

Good Point. I don't mind some modding. I'd like to squeeze the largest/best performing radiator in there as possible... I don't mind having the fans or even radiator on top (outside) the case if they won't fit inside. I'm would also consider a 200mm one up top as well if that would perform better. I'm even open to creative ways of fitting even larger radiators in the case as long as it doesn't require losing any hard drive bays ;)

Back