Votes: 3 5.7%
  • [790i Ultra (DDR3)] EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • [CAR] Lamborghini Reventon

Votes: 15 28.3%

• Total voters

firas

2[H]4U
- vote as you like, for what you think is the [ultimate best] [best bang/buck] [ best in its category] [best performer/OCer] …etc
- I guess some should be excluded & some should be added so tell me and I’ll update it
- maximum poll options allowed is 10 (why [H]!) so I couldn’t include’em all in the poll
- I took the price from newegg, (*) means the price is not from newegg
- choose [CAR] Lamborghini Reventon if you have another openion, no it’s not funny if it took the first place :D

since it’s stupidly funny to say vote for the best in its category when it’s the only one mentioned, post a reply if it’s not mentioned

V1

mobos2mm6.jpg

What is the point? One poll for 4+ different categories at the same time. I'm really confused as to what you hope to learn. [best performer/OCer] is almost completely different from [best bang/buck].

well I thought it would be nice to put a list that covers most of the popular choices and I said to myself why not adding a poll with it though I agree it’s not really objective
let’s say it’s a competition between the categories and each has its representative or whatever

Well I voted GA-P35-DS3L but I'd advise some1 to go the xtra for a $133 EP35-DS3R which supports the E8400 wolfdale without a bios update, for example.

Of the choices I got to choose from I would go for the Asus Maximus formula.

I never knew they sold Brotherboards. Guess they're trying to appeal to the urban demographic... :D

The motherboard that bothers me the most is that S478 pink "Hello Kitty" motherboard

way too general a poll & abit unfair when you can only have 10 choices to cover all market sectors & you've useed 1 for a car ... e.g. you only have 1 of the "suoer cheapies" in the P35-DS3L when for bang for buck the abit IP35-E outperforms it but you can't vote for it as it's not an option.

A botherboard sounds like a piece of wood that's always pissing you off. And yeah, my vote is for maximus formula out of that list.

Why did you put in the lowest Gigabyte offering against the premium boards from everybody else?

I'd choose the GA-EP35-DS4.

Robert

Well I voted GA-P35-DS3L but I'd advise some1 to go the xtra for a $133 EP35-DS3R which supports the E8400 wolfdale without a bios update, for example.
Thnx for pointing to this, I’ll add the GA-EP35-DS3R to the pic
I never knew they sold Brotherboards. Guess they're trying to appeal to the urban demographic... :D
now how did that happen! I corrected it
way too general a poll & abit unfair when you can only have 10 choices to cover all market sectors & you've useed 1 for a car ... e.g. you only have 1 of the "suoer cheapies" in the P35-DS3L when for bang for buck the abit IP35-E outperforms it but you can't vote for it as it's not an option.
I was surprised that the voting options is limited and that ruined my plan, adding the car wasn’t that smart idea but as you can see most people voted for it :D
Its funny to know that what attracts members to click the “post reply” bottom is anything not related to hardware (the rumor topics n00bs post from time to time, the botherboard thing, the Lambo in the voting)
Why did you put in the lowest Gigabyte offering against the premium boards from everybody else?

I'd choose the GA-EP35-DS4.

Robert
my fault as I said, btw I was aiming at the Rampage until yesterday cuz yesterday I decided to buy another car and that smashed my rig budget and now I’m thinking of the DS3R or DS4 or the IP35 pro

A separate thread/poll for each category would help a lot of buyers trying to decide on their next purchase (like me).

I need something for now and the future, so I'm leaning GA-EX38-DS4. On the other hand, I don't plan to ever run Crossfire, so maybe I just need a good P35 board to last me until DDR3 drops. I have a QX6700 collecting dust.

I updated the pic, removed the P35 boards with DDR2+DDR3 support and added the GA-EP35-DS4

A separate thread/poll for each category would help a lot of buyers trying to decide on their next purchase (like me).

I need something for now and the future, so I'm leaning GA-EX38-DS4. On the other hand, I don't plan to ever run Crossfire, so maybe I just need a good P35 board to last me until DDR3 drops. I have a QX6700 collecting dust.

I think I might start a second version of this thread after removing the SLI mobo’s and the car

maybe and correct me if I was wrong the story goes like this:
go for the ABIT IP35-E or the GA-P35-DS3L
If you need the extra features or having a heavy OC plans flip a coin to choose between the GA-EP35-DS3R, ABIT IP35 Pro and the DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS
If you have the $$ or planning for an extreme OC or like the pointless idea of “future proof” go for the X48, also flip a coin to choose between the Rampage Formula and the DFI LP LT X48-T2R
X38 for who likes the X48 idea but care about that extra $50

I'd say my ip35-e is really great for the price I paid, and vote it as best bang for buck, but if I had some left over monies, after getting some good speaker/headphones, keyboard, etc... I'd get the x38 maximus formula

I'd say my ip35-e is really great for the price I paid, and vote it as best bang for buck, but if I had some left over monies, after getting some good speaker/headphones, keyboard, etc... I'd get the x38 maximus formula

If you don’t care about firewire, Raid, E-sata, Crossfire the IP35-E is a great choice, it’s a great OCer too, I’ve seen this thing reach above 500FSB (I think at XT)
the Maximus is a good choice too but you gotta ask yourself first what it will offer you more if you wasn’t gonna use the extra mentioned stuff?

If you don’t care about firewire, Raid, E-sata, Crossfire the IP35-E is a great choice, it’s a great OCer too, I’ve seen this thing reach above 500FSB (I think at XT)
the Maximus is a good choice too but you gotta ask yourself first what it will offer you more if you wasn’t gonna use the extra mentioned stuff?

Exactly why I bought the ip35-e =)
I would've bought the x38 because it looks nicer.

Bang for the buck...IP35 series (depending on if you need RAID Firewire)...the DFI P35 DK Lanparty board is probably a good board too for the price if you can find it in stock.

Back