Choose Install Office 2016 Installation Dicrectory

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Oubadah, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Oubadah

Oubadah [H]ard|Gawd

Is there any way to define an installation directory other than C: for office 2016? I tried installing it a few months ago and there didn't seem to be via the installer, and the Office Deployment Tool didn't let to choose the installation target directory, only the source.

How could they think for one second that it was appropriate to strip this option out of the installer?

I've had about enough of Microsoft's "fuck you, we know best" attitude. I just stopped using Windows 10 due to how increasingly difficult it had become to prevent indiscriminate automatic driver updates.

2. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger @le, an alcoholic's best friend.

3. Oubadah

Oubadah [H]ard|Gawd

What, so the "download directory" = the install directory?

4. Oubadah

Oubadah [H]ard|Gawd

I followed the instructions on that site, and they don't work for changing the install directory. They only tell you how to do exactly that it says in the title (change the DOWNLOAD location), and that's why I didn't bother looking at that page before. I want to select the install location, not the download location.

It does seem to insinuate that you're changing the install directory at one point, but it doesn't work, and there's no reason to think that it would. They say: Step 11: "This should install Office 2016 in the directory you specified in Step 2", but Step 2 was specifying an extraction target for the Office Deployment Tool. Office does not get installed there.

The only other directory that gets specified at any point in the process is SourcePath. SourcePath, aka, the target download directory for the packages before they're inevitably installed on C:.

I've re-read all through the Microsoft's instruction page for the Deployment Tool, and there's nothing about installation directory.