Choose between two $300 Lenovo laptops

[F8]

Gawd
My wife dropped her 4 year old Inspiron 1525 (core 2 duo 2gb ram) a while back and I think she messed up the video card, the standoff that holds the heatsink for the video card broke off the motherboard, and I have been using a bigger screw to attempt to hold it in place, but the screen keeps going weird like the gpu is overheating, so I think we are just going to have to buy something new. All she really uses her laptop for is netflix, email, facebook, and listening to music. I was looking at two $300 Lenovo laptops that are on sale at BB.

B570-1068AJU

vs

B575-1450A7U

One has the B950 cpu, which from what I understand is like a sandybridge celeron and the other is a AMD E series. I'm thinking I'm going to get the Intel version, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either model. Also, anyone have any experience with chromebooks? Should I stay away?

So I wonder how the B950 system has 3gb of ram, a 2gb stick and a 1gb stick? Microcenter has a 4gb stick of crucial for $20. My laptop only has 4gb total, so either I will buy one or two of the 4gb sticks from microcenter and put one or both of my 2gb sticks in her laptop.

[F8];1037939784 said:
So I wonder how the B950 system has 3gb of ram, a 2gb stick and a 1gb stick? Microcenter has a 4gb stick of crucial for $20. My laptop only has 4gb total, so either I will buy one or two of the 4gb sticks from microcenter and put one or both of my 2gb sticks in her laptop.
Yes, it should be one 2GB stick and one 1GB.

what are your needs with the system? the AMD solution will absolutely own the Intel one in the graphics department and also the battery life department....something to consider

Edit: didn't realise that these were 15.6" models for thatsize, go Intel but tne above should still apply

Well, I bit on the Intel, and it appears I received the wrong laptop, mine came with an i3-2330m and 4gb of ram, LOL. I win

[F8];1037941667 said:
Well, I bit on the Intel, and it appears I received the wrong laptop, mine came with an i3-2330m and 4gb of ram, LOL. I win
Even better! That's pretty awesome for 300 bucks.

I got model 1068AHU instead of 1068AJU, but I cannot find the AHU information anywhere. It came with a single 4gb stick, how much performance loss is that from having two 2gb sticks?

i3 will get more performance from running in dual channel mode vs single channel

I think I'll go get another 4gb stick for my machine, either have both laptops with 6gb a piece, or 8gb in mine and 4gb in hers.

Back