Choice of benchmark software

3dmark is pretty popular, same with the Unigine benchmarks (Heaven and Valley). There is also a thread somewhere around here for cpu benchmarks with Cinebench.

mostly looking for a way to compare my rig to other peoples. so whatever the most widely used is i guess. whether that be specific parts or the whole system it depends on what info most people provide. i have 3d mark professional which i believe does the whole system score or individual hardware, whichever you prefer.

Catzilla is fairly meh in my opinion. Can overclock higher while running the benchmark without crashing even if my overclock is unstable.

Yeah, if you want to compare the whole rig to others, then as you said, you want something used by everyone aka 3dmark

GeekBench for general performance and nothing for 3d performance, personally. I used to run 3dmark a lot years ago and then I realized that it was a complete waste of my time.

i really want to get a general idea of how i stack up just because im bored. I basically just spent 600 dollars on my loop because i needed a project.. but i figure i might as well overclock a bit to make use of all this water

Back