Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

I just tried last night. You can create a game with bots if you want. They aren't the greatest but do pretty well suprisingly

I played last man standing with bots and they act like real human beings attacking and kicking their own teammates and randomly falling off to their death in the arena map. :p

This game looks amazing, however I don't think I will be picking it up unless its on sale.

I haven't had a ton of time to play since this released, but my first video seemed to get some good feedback, so I figured I would cover some of the game modes, and clarify the difference between them, also covering some basic combat tactics, let me know what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BY2LZ4pYpg

This game looks amazing, however I don't think I will be picking it up unless its on sale.

I'm having a ton of fun with it, and the fact that they released it at such a cheap price made me more willing to buy it, rather than charging more (which they could have, this game is a lot of fun)

That's kind of what I'm planning on doing although I figure that the multiplayer will likely be dead by that point. :mad:

Why cheap out on some indie devs trying to break into the industry? I could understand if this was from a big dev.

Why cheap out on some indie devs trying to break into the industry? I could understand if this was from a big dev.

Wow, I didn' t know it was an indie game.

Damn, now I'm really tempted... thing is, I don't usually play these online death matches stuff too often.

I own this game and imo its extremely broken and utterly full of fail. It's basically a more bare bones, more buggy (yes MORE buggy), version of the free mod for HL2 Age of Chivalry that you have to pay money for and it was released far before it was ready. Don't buy this game.

So, yes it's a little buggy but omg I haven't had this much fun in a game for a while. I have this and war of the roses. I like combat more in chivalry but archery more in roses.

What bugs are you guys experiencing? So far no issues here.

This game is also moddable and you will be able to create maps for it, so its only going to get better.

What bugs are you guys experiencing? So far no issues here.

This game is also moddable and you will be able to create maps for it, so its only going to get better.

I am in on this game once it gets some good mods and patches. War of the roses is scary unbalanced. For new players, it is a nightmare. Spawn, get hit once by some op knight or crossbow and die. Main issue is that you can't scratch some people in hand to hand. You HAVE to go archer or crossbow and fight at a distance bc otherwise you are just grass to be mowed.

I own this game and imo its extremely broken and utterly full of fail. It's basically a more bare bones, more buggy (yes MORE buggy), version of the free mod for HL2 Age of Chivalry that you have to pay money for and it was released far before it was ready. Don't buy this game.

Not one thing you just said is true from my experience.

Well I'm not going to throw $25 at any developer for a game that I may not like; especially when it's multiplayer only.

Yeah they should have a demo server up. Limit the server to demo only and one map with limited weapons etc. Enough to get a feel for the game.

Well I'm not going to throw $25 at any developer for a game that I may not like; especially when it's multiplayer only.

The feel isn't much different than the mod they made, which you can try on Steam. It's just that it's much better looking, has more modes, and is more polished. The games meant to just be MP, something different than the COD and BF games out there.

OK

this game just popped up on my steam ads

I read this thread and only 1 person has mentioned Warband, they were positive...so far so good

the graphics and damage cinematics look good, decapitation FTW

but I really want to hear about mechanics from seasoned Warband players before I take the plunge on this. M&B is some very serious wargaming...is this the next step or no?

OK

this game just popped up on my steam ads

I read this thread and only 1 person has mentioned Warband, they were positive...so far so good

the graphics and damage cinematics look good, decapitation FTW

but I really want to hear about mechanics from seasoned Warband players before I take the plunge on this. M&B is some very serious wargaming...is this the next step or no?

I enjoy the gameplay more so than I did the Mount and Blade series MP gaming. I loved MB's directional combat in SP, but in MP I just felt it was a bit too much to get a handle on. This gives you 3 separate attacks that you need to use in the right situations. There is no mounted combat though and no SP mode.

But theres a good amount of modes, a great amount of gore, great graphics, and an unlock system (incase you get bored easily and need something to strive for). Check out the vids I linked (the 1st one is an introduction to the game, you will have to scroll farther up to see that one, or look at it on my channel). That might help you make a decision, and if not, check out TDM or King of the Hill above.

If you have ever played the Chivalry mod on Steam, the same people created this, this is just much more fleshed out.

Just bought this game yesterday and played the heck out of it for a few hours. The game seems simplistic but oddly very entertaining. Despite the goofy-ass character models and animations, the combat is very satisfying as the weapons feel like they have some actual weight behind them and chopping off limbs with your greatsword and watching heads pop like melons with your mace keeps you coming back for more. For lack of a better word, the combat feels very "meaty" unlike games such as L4D, CoD, or BF where you feel like you're shooting paper targets. Great sound effects, weight behind weapons and characters, and the gore give a very visceral quality to the fights.

Much like Dark Souls, the combat on the surface seems simplistic and intuitive but there is quite a bit of depth to it and you get a great sense of satisfaction when you know you outplayed your opponent and lop off their head. In the few hours I played, I never felt I died to cheap tactics or spam and I think this is why I find the combat so entertaining. I always felt in control of the situation and when I died, I always knew I could've done something better during the engagement. I've been feeling extremely bored with FPS games in the past decade (last one I enjoyed was UT2K4) and certainly have never been a fan of melee in FPS games but thoroughly enjoy this one.

Anyways, I thought I'd share some of my initial impressions and wil definitely play more tonight. Also, does anyone know what the Rogue special ability applies to for the archer class? Is it only when equipping daggers, stabbing motions, or just any weapon and any swing type as long as you're behind your opponent?

Is the map editor going to be in game? And people will be able to join servers with custom maps? That sounds awesome. I agree with chineseman, the game is so simplistic and funny as hell but oddly entertaining. I can't help but laugh when I kill someone and hear them choking on their own blood. The sound effects make this game for me, they're stellar.

This game has the same funny yet entertaining element like TF2, and that game never gets old. So I know I'll be playing this game often! :)

Get this game 35% off from GreenManGaming with GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7 voucher. :) I just bought it.

The voucher is valid for XCOM and Borderlands 2 too.

Get this game 35% off from GreenManGaming with GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7 voucher. :) I just bought it.

The voucher is valid for XCOM and Borderlands 2 too.

I just tried 4 methods of payment all rejected due to the site being black listed for w/e reason. Screw it.

That's weird because the site is totally legit. I've been using it for over a year and I'm sure a lot of others here have as well.

Yeah I know it is. I tried my Capital One, Discover, Chase, and my debit through TD Bank. Hell my bank just called me to ask about the transaction. Jeez. Does this company really have issues with all those CCs?

Just bought this game yesterday and played the heck out of it for a few hours. The game seems simplistic but oddly very entertaining. Despite the goofy-ass character models and animations, the combat is very satisfying as the weapons feel like they have some actual weight behind them and chopping off limbs with your greatsword and watching heads pop like melons with your mace keeps you coming back for more. For lack of a better word, the combat feels very "meaty" unlike games such as L4D, CoD, or BF where you feel like you're shooting paper targets. Great sound effects, weight behind weapons and characters, and the gore give a very visceral quality to the fights.

Much like Dark Souls, the combat on the surface seems simplistic and intuitive but there is quite a bit of depth to it and you get a great sense of satisfaction when you know you outplayed your opponent and lop off their head. In the few hours I played, I never felt I died to cheap tactics or spam and I think this is why I find the combat so entertaining. I always felt in control of the situation and when I died, I always knew I could've done something better during the engagement. I've been feeling extremely bored with FPS games in the past decade (last one I enjoyed was UT2K4) and certainly have never been a fan of melee in FPS games but thoroughly enjoy this one.

Anyways, I thought I'd share some of my initial impressions and wil definitely play more tonight. Also, does anyone know what the Rogue special ability applies to for the archer class? Is it only when equipping daggers, stabbing motions, or just any weapon and any swing type as long as you're behind your opponent?

for so few attacks methods, its easy to get your ass handed to you. I put in a few hours and most of the time I get my head cut off every time I meet someone and land with a score of 0-10.
I did the training and figured it would be easy....fuck was I wrong. I go knight, fucking archers with daggers kick my ass all over the map....

I finally getting the hang of the light solider class...I figure until Im able to take others head on, Im better to run around, toss my burning oil into the crowd and axe people in the head as they fight others. I can usually lead my team if I do this. Archers are hard....I cant hit shit. Shooters Im a killing machine...I cant hit fuck all in this.

This is a bump for a game I think is deserving of a bit more attention, mainly because it's one I didn't think I would enjoy but have put 30 or 40 hours into it easily. Also worth noting is that the developers have been great in terms of providing updates and new content. Great fun to play with friends as well.

I saw a hilarious tweet saying that the game is made better by the "pass a kidney stone button".

Got this for 12 and change in the fall sale. Not bad at all. Fraps shows my FPS nearly pinned at 60, so I'm guessing it's capped. Ghosting other players shows some lag, possibly server related I guess since I'm getting solid 20ms pings.

I for some reason will only play a crossbow man and haven't played any other class since the first day.which i find really fun and challenging. but also really annoying since the hit boxes are a bit screwed up for arrows. Though i can't stand any game mode except objective mode.

It's currently 50% off at GMG. I was able to apply the survey code from Friday to get it for $9.37. :cool:

I'm going to quote myself because I was wrong. With more time and especially several recent patches the game has become much, much improved, and my opinion of it has hugely improved as well. My post above was written after 2 hours of online play during which I now recognize I had several atypical experiences and a few specific problems that patches have since fixed. Chivalry as a computer game is itself awesome. I hope they keep the experience clean and don't cheapen it with DLC or items because they are so close to balance already (for pubs, at least) that the feeling is magical. Imagine a simpler cRPG with a level playing field, basically.

I now highly recommend this game as it has that magical feel of early Counterstrike (0.9 through 1.2 or so) and there's almost nobody hacking yet. :D

Make sure you play on a server with 100 ping or less.

damn, where are you located? came out to $8.12 for me ;)

Yeah they released a newer code that was 35% off instead of 25% off. :mad:

I played a couple matches of FFA with a friend last night and immediately regretted the purchase. I'm hoping that the objective-based modes are more interesting.

This game wasn't on my radar at all until I was just today gifted a copy. 6 hours later and I gotta say, it is a ton of fun!

The gameplay is fast, well balanced and has plenty of laugh out loud moments. When you have two teams of 16 players each, the battlefield is total bloody mayhem.

The four classes offer a good amount of diversity for different play styles. I found myself liking the Vanguard class wielding a greatsword and throwing axes. It's quite satisfying when you're outnumbered 3 to 1 and mange to fend off your attackers.. The decisive blow being a double decapitation with one deft strike :D Good times

I played a couple matches of FFA with a friend last night and immediately regretted the purchase. I'm hoping that the objective-based modes are more interesting.

Don't play FFA, it's a clusterfuck of kill-stealing (and LMB spam). Team deathmatch and objective modes are the best, particularly if you are on a server where people step back when there is a duel going on.

Still playing this, and currently hooked on a 64 player objective server. It's probably the truest way to play a game like this. Unfortunately, the server can't seem to handle the traffic and pings shoot up to 150+ across the board.

Hardware wise, seeing about 30% on each of 4 cores. Haven't done a fraps run recently.

Tried the game on the free weekend. The game really can't handle large numbers of players. I was fine until the server got crowded, even was in 3rd despite never having played the game. Then the lag started when the server got crowded and it was unplayable. Could be a fun game if they fix that aspect.

this sounds like a nightmare

Warband has 150v150 that works great

Back