Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

Really enjoyed this game initially, played ~50hrs, but after a few steam sales the quality of players dropped significantly and those that were vets simply relied on exploiting flaws in the hit detection system. (Such as looking straight down and doing overhead swings to get an insta-heavy hit in). Oh and daggers need to stop being able to parry 70lb mauls with no repercussions.

So how is it? I heard the beta was buggy. I only recently finished all my helmet/weapon unlocks.

Am I the only one that thinks this looks VERY dated and like a cheesy B movie, or maybe it was just the way the trailer was set up.

would buy this if the swinging of weapons wasn't so damn slow, mount and blade has the same problem, it's not playable and certainly not realistic feeling.

Hate to say it but the best melee game is sadly team fortress 2 on a melee server.

Torn Banner abandoned Chivalry and half of the clans left. Torn Banner broke Chivalry with each successive patch and the summer patch was the last straw ( read about it on the Torn Banner forum ). I still find it fun and have 170+ hours ( but I fought in the Crusades, in a past life, so I'm biased ). I have not played Deadliest but it seemed like and obvious Spike TV cash-grab.

That's too bad. I enjoyed Age of Chivalry and Medieval Warfare so I will also buy this but not for $15.

would buy this if the swinging of weapons wasn't so damn slow, mount and blade has the same problem, it's not playable and certainly not realistic feeling.

Hate to say it but the best melee game is sadly team fortress 2 on a melee server.

For some reason, I don't believe you have ever wielded a real battle ready weapon, have you?

Because I would pay quite handsomely to see you swing one half as fast, much less same speed. You don't even have to be wearing armor like the people in the game are. I'm certain you can whip something around somewhat fast if you really wanted to and tried, but that's pointless if you aren't moving it in a way that will also kill someone, much less not get yourself killed..

I want to buy this game, but it doesn't look different enough to be worth money..

I enjoyed Chivalry but there were barely any populated servers after a few weeks. I haven't picked up Deadliest Warrior since I remember them saying it wasn't backwards compatible with Medieval Warfare which would mean the already sparse community would be even more divided. Can anyone confirm?

I enjoyed Chivalry but there were barely any populated servers after a few weeks. I haven't picked up Deadliest Warrior since I remember them saying it wasn't backwards compatible with Medieval Warfare which would mean the already sparse community would be even more divided. Can anyone confirm?

When Chivalry first came out there weren't many servers up, but since then I haven't had any problems finding populated servers with either version. MW has sold over a million copies.
It is a little weird though. Most of the time servers are either completely full or completely empty. You rarely find any at half capacity except for the ones with custom maps.
During free weekends it is almost impossible to find a server with slots open.

I really like MW, but I'm not a huge fan of DW. DW is fun to play once and a while but I'm more into the competitive play MW provides.

Back