Chinese Telecommunications Hardware Is About to Be Banned by Executive Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The United States is gearing up for the widespread installation of 5G networks, but Chinese hardware may have no part in it: there is chatter an executive order will soon be issued banning such for upgrades of cellular networks. “As contracts for the installation of 5G networks are in the works, the White House is looking to send a message that security must not be compromised for the next generation of wireless connectivity.”

The order is part of a series of announcements leading up to Mobile World Congress designed to showcase what the United States is doing to prevent cyber attacks from being harmful to the nation. Huawei has been under great scrutiny in recent times, but remember that ZTE was also heavily put under the microscope not long before. Accusations against the Chinese telecom companies have ranged from theft of trade secrets to violations of trade embargoes. As charges mount against Huawei executives, there is compelling reason to believe that the United States will not be awarding any contracts to Chinese businesses.

good.jpg

Yeah, it's probably for a good reason... it's also way to too easy for US intelligence agencies to fabricate "evidence" and protect US companies from competition... US companies that often hire a lot of former DoD personal after their military careers are over.

There are some ISPs operating in the USA that use Huawei so I wonder how this will affect their current network?

With the near constant flow of embarrassing nonsense that comes from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, I support this 110% and hope it happens.

Again, not surprised. This one's fairly non-partisan even though its coming from an exec order. China's gotten caught one too many times using shell companies for espionage. I'm fairly confident the pentagon has already statements supporting measures against them. I could see this being cemented in an act of congress despite our current rough waters between the aisles.

This has got to be the best thing the White House has done these past couple years.

When it comes to intellectual property theft, China has no shame. About time something like this happened.

China and Russia play dirty in their own special ways. Neither can be trusted.

China = communist
For those that think today's President is bad where were you for the past 26 years; look at the communist that are taking over the democrat party.

At least he is trying, the last 3 were just thieves at the least. Look up and stop believing MSNBC etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back