Chinese Spacecraft Returns after Circling the Moon

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
China successfully launched a spacecraft that traveled to and orbited the moon and then returned to Earth. This is the first step of China’s plans to put a man on the moon. The second phase of the plan has China sending another rocket to the moon, landing to collect soil samples and then return.

China has also hinted at a possible crewed mission to the moon at a future date if officials decide to combine the human spaceflight and lunar exploration programs.

China may be late, but it looks like they'll leap frog ahead in no time.

They were just looking to see if the moon landing was faked so they could blackmail the US government...lol.

I kid, I kid....

I'm going to be very skeptical about anything China does that's space related after seeing that video of a rocket veering off course and destroying a village killing lots, and if not for an Israeli contractor in the area taking a video would have to take China's word for it that "not much damage was done, no loss of life, only minor injuries"

They're scouting locations for future FoxConn factory sites. :p

That's a Taiwanese company, not China.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder what's the point to do moon landing anymore....

They should have think further.

The US Moon landing never happened. Christopher Nolan told me this in Interstellar.

Cool, is this one going to be real? :D Maybe they can bring some Gopros this time. :p

Although I'm sure that was just a joke. The evidence presented for the "faking" of the landing is laughable. I watched a documentary and couldn't help but laugh at the unscientific leaps they take to try and disprove the landings. Example - their shadow evidence regarding one light source (the sun) and the different shadow angles in photos failed to take into account the obvious slope and small craters the astronauts were standing on. The flag waving can be explained by the astronaut jolting the flag pole. The lack of stars is from the exposure issues, we still see this with cameras (and even our own eye adaptation) today.

Obviously this isn't real. They just copied the "footage" from the earlier missions by NASA.

Although I'm sure that was just a joke. The evidence presented for the "faking" of the landing is laughable. I watched a documentary and couldn't help but laugh at the unscientific leaps they take to try and disprove the landings. Example - their shadow evidence regarding one light source (the sun) and the different shadow angles in photos failed to take into account the obvious slope and small craters the astronauts were standing on. The flag waving can be explained by the astronaut jolting the flag pole. The lack of stars is from the exposure issues, we still see this with cameras (and even our own eye adaptation) today.

Yeah it was a joke, I think I recall seeing something about how laughable the "evidence" was as well. I always make fun of the fact that some people actually do think it was a setup. People also forget that camera tech was not that great back then as well. Though it is odd they did not take more footage, but guess back then it was all film cameras so you were more limited.

I suppose the lack of footage/pictures is open to conspiracy, maybe they found something they don't want anybody to see. :p :D

Yeah it was a joke, I think I recall seeing something about how laughable the "evidence" was as well. I always make fun of the fact that some people actually do think it was a setup. People also forget that camera tech was not that great back then as well. Though it is odd they did not take more footage, but guess back then it was all film cameras so you were more limited.

I suppose the lack of footage/pictures is open to conspiracy, maybe they found something they don't want anybody to see. :p :D

Mythbusters also did an episode on it. Seemed to contain a decent amount of information that laid to rest some of the conspiracy theories.

OT, if you think about it, China has been doing the smart thing. Let everyone else do all the hard work and then copy/learn it and try to improve on it slightly. Seems to have worked out for them so far.

Depending how well they can bring back samples, or in the future men, it will harold their ability make ICBM's and have the warheads land where they want.

I'm going to be very skeptical about anything China does that's space related after seeing that video of a rocket veering off course and destroying a village killing lots, and if not for an Israeli contractor in the area taking a video would have to take China's word for it that "not much damage was done, no loss of life, only minor injuries"

Yep. I'm also very skeptical. China doesn't do "originality" they do "copy".

Not saying launching something into space, orbiting the moon, and recovering the spacecraft is easy per se....but this is child splay compared to even the US's dilapidated space program. This would actually tell me they are developing a lot of their own hardware, and not just copying from other programs. If they were stealing and reverse engineering a lot of space tech, their space program would be much further along by now IMO.

Not saying launching something into space, orbiting the moon, and recovering the spacecraft is easy per se....but this is child splay compared to even the US's dilapidated space program. This would actually tell me they are developing a lot of their own hardware, and not just copying from other programs. If they were stealing and reverse engineering a lot of space tech, their space program would be much further along by now IMO.

You ignorant fool! All they had to do is copy the film of the NASA "moon missions" and convert it to an mp4 file!

Back