Chinese smarter than everyone

Meanwhile in America our students need safe spaces and have trouble grasping basic biological concepts such as sex and gender. Ours waste time posting pictures of themselves on instagram making stupid faces and posting to social media about bullshit that no one cares about.

Children are our future. God help us....because the children won't.

“Chinese students far out-stripped peers in every other country in a survey of reading, math and science ability, underscoring a reserve of future economic strength and the struggle of advanced economies to keep up.”

https://apple.news/AAelTFuLMTCqzIQKtpCN6Xg

They are hungrier than the rest of us, and that is why, in combination with their sheer population size, in a generation or so they will have completely taken over.

Saw a study a while back showing that Chinese kids still want to grow up to be engineers, astronauts and other interesting and productive things.

Western kids now just want to be streamers and celebrities. No motivation to pursue anything else.

We and our way of life are fucked by the laziness messed up priorities of our kids.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in America our students need safe spaces
Almost none of those kids need anything. They just enjoy the power in demanding and getting ridiculous things.

The only difference between Chinese and American students is the Chinese student doesn't do well when young, he gets his ass kicked. If he at least tries, he might get his ass kicked a little less harder, but still gonna get kicked.

China just has a much more difficult curriculum for K-12 aged kids.

Better educated doesn't always mean smarter, or more intelligent.

They do have the numbers on us with what quadruple our population?

If they were more intelligent, we would be seeing tons of discoveries or advances from China, but we don't. America isn't in as strong of a position as it once was but still up there in inventions, innovation, and accomplishments.

By no means should we rest on our laurels though.

Don't go blaming kids for having shit parents and/or lackluster education. That's on the adults (yes I'm talking about you, dear reader).

Yeah I went to a Berkeley feeder community college to pick up some Spanish classes 2-3 years ago and everything that people say about American millennials definitely applies to Chinese millennials.

Like the Chinese kid disappeared for our group project and never came back. Ever. Have to imagine he either failed or withdrew. I felt bad for him though as he seemed to spend most of his time taking selfies, texting his gf, and showing off pictures of a 600 series Mercedes. Why I felt bad though was being a native Chinese speaker and having a Spanish class taught in English would be very tough.

Schools probably 25-30% Asian of some variety, most of which were either Chinese or Hong Kong nationals.

Almost none of those kids need anything. They just enjoy the power in demanding and getting ridiculous things.

The only difference between Chinese and American students is the Chinese student doesn't do well when young, he gets his ass kicked. If he at least tries, he might get his ass kicked a little less harder, but still gonna get kicked.

When I was a kid I lived in fear of ever coming home with a sub 90% test or quiz grade. My mother was a ruthless dictator in that regard and put the fear of God in me to perform well in my studies

Up until about 7th grade I needed that. What 8 year old boy wants to study his multiplication tables anyway?

By the time I was in middle School probably out of habit I was more self motivated. The subjects also became more interesting over time.

Eventually I wound up graduating from college with honors with an engineering degree from a good school. I totally credit my parents whipping my ass with that accomplishment, and think it is no wonder that academic achievement is going downhill when kids can no longer have some sense beaten into them.

Chinese are pushed into the stem fields by the communists goverment. Doesn't mean they are capable. And there are no gender or diversity studies.

Blame our education system. It has failed miserably and getting worse by the day. If you want your kids to succeed prepare to spend a fortune on a private school or educate them yourself.

When I was a kid I lived in fear of ever coming home with a sub 90% test or quiz grade. My mother was a ruthless dictator in that regard and put the fear of God in me to perform well in my studies

Up until about 7th grade I needed that. What 8 year old boy wants to study his multiplication tables anyway?

By the time I was in middle School probably out of habit I was more self motivated. The subjects also became more interesting over time.

Eventually I wound up graduating from college with honors with an engineering degree from a good school. I totally credit my parents whipping my ass with that accomplishment, and think it is no wonder that academic achievement is going downhill when kids can no longer have some sense beaten into them.

i feel your pain, i grew up the same way as a kid but i went the opposite direction. when i realized my parents were full of shit and that i didn't need to go to college or pick my career path when i was 14 i decided to quit listening to them.. luckily i did, unluckily my sister didn't and is now stuck in a mountain of college debt for a career that ceased to exist by the time she graduated.. education is great and some people handle it better than others but when you live in a society where people have a choice and have the ability to make something out of yourself with or without a credited education this is how it'll always be.. china you don't have the option, you either get an education or you live in the slums, there's no middle ground, there's no way to become successful without an education backing you.

Chinese are pushed into the stem fields by the communists goverment. Doesn't mean they are capable. And there are no gender or diversity studies.

Blame our education system. It has failed miserably and getting worse by the day. If you want your kids to succeed prepare to spend a fortune on a private school or educate them yourself.

private schools aren't the end all be all.. i've seen just as many kids that went to private schools fail later in life as i have kids that went to public schools. the buck stops at the parents, if they don't give a shit then the kids not going to care either.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in America our students need safe spaces and have trouble grasping basic biological concepts such as sex and gender. Ours waste time posting pictures of themselves on instagram making stupid faces and posting to social media about bullshit that no one cares about.

If you think china didn't cherry pick the best students possible, you obviously haven't been paying attention to world news for some time.

Am I an asshole for suspecting that China skewed those results to make themselves look good?

They are pretty well-known for putting up a front that their oppressive regime is the best.

Chinese students enrolled in US colleges / universities are some of the most prolific cheaters.......soo........I am taking this with a grain of salt.
If they are good at cheating that means they are intelligent.

If they are good at cheating that means they are intelligent.

No. Not really.

You could just pay someone to do all your work. It's cheating. It doesn't take an overly clever person to do as much.

They are hungrier than the rest of us, and that is why, in combination with their sheer population size, in a generation or so they will have completely taken over.

Saw a study a while back showing that Chinese kids still want to grow up to be engineers, astronauts and other interesting and productive things.

Western kids now just want to be streamers and celebrities. No motivation to pursue anything else.

We and our way of life are fucked by the laziness messed up priorities of our kids.

also sugar babies and sugar daddy's are growing in numbers anymore, big time

i feel your pain, i grew up the same way as a kid but i went the opposite direction. when i realized my parents were full of shit and that i didn't need to go to college or pick my career path when i was 14 i decided to quit listening to them.. luckily i did, unluckily my sister didn't and is now stuck in a mountain of college debt for a career that ceased to exist by the time she graduated.. education is great and some people handle it better than others but when you live in a society where people have a choice and have the ability to make something out of yourself with or without a credited education this is how it'll always be.. china you don't have the option, you either get an education or you live in the slums, there's no middle ground, there's no way to become successful without an education backing you.

private schools aren't the end all be all.. i've seen just as many kids that went to private schools fail later in life as i have kids that went to public schools. the buck stops at the parents, if they don't give a shit then the kids not going to care either.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. Sure it was a little tough at the time, but I am appreciative of my parents pushing me hard as a kid, because if they didn't I probably wouldn't be where I am today. Kids need perspective, and they need parents to give it to them.

I think you are a little harsh on higher education. I still think it is of great value, as long as you are smart about it.

For instance, I would never recommend that anyone enroll in a for profit university. Those are mostly scams.

Second of all, unless you plan on going into government service, or business/finance, or are desirable enough of student to get a massive scholarship, skip the fancy named expensive private schools. It won't pay off to spend $200k on a private school to major in something without a clear pathway to a high income. The world does need social workers, but if you need a masters degree to do the work, and its only going to pay $30k a year, this isn't a winning combination.

The real key to higher education is in public schools. Some of them (like my alma mater Umass at Amerst) are really good. And - depending on your desired major - you can save money by doing your first couple of semesters at a cheaper community college, and then transferring in for your last two years. Also, consider trade schools. These are generally cheaper and can result in surprisingly well paying jobs.

While it certainly is possible to be successful without higher education, and there are plenty of examples of people who have been, the odds really aren't in your favor. You don't want to wind up living in a trailer park working minimum wage jobs and dreaming of the glory days when you were on the football team in high school. That's a way more typical outcome for those who pass on higher education than the success stories are.

Also, lets also keep in mind that while the mission of higher education clearly includes career preparation, part of its mission is also to widen the horizons of its student body. To make them more aware of the world around them, and allow them to function at a higher level in society, both professionally and socially by preparing them tor a worldly existence. I don't mean any offense in saying this, but I actually struggle to socialize with people who haven't at least participated at some level in higher education.

People who have gone to college usually have a much better understanding of the world, and provide much more stimulating conversation. When I go to parties in more educated circles we have interesting conversations about global news and current events, like the political climate in Turkey, or about interesting linguistic nuances between languages, or history or the latest interesting scientific papers. When I have hung out with people who haven't gone to college everything seems to always devolve into shots, beer-pong, and conversations about some stupid drag racing project car, or the lawn mower they are interested in. It bores me to tears. No wonder all the alcohol is needed.

Last edited:
Zarathustra[H] what about all the sugar babies in the Western culture?

see?

upload_2019-12-3_13-59-19.png

Smart is relative, and even irrelevant. People skills and execution land you what you want, pretty sure that is not a thing in censor china.

Unfortunately, who taught our kids that?

Ok, I want to put some nuance on this.

1.) Scoring well on tests =/= thinking or being smart. I work at one of the biggest research universities on the planet, and the complaints about students from China who don't know how to think are not uncommon.
2.) The US is still the primary hub of innovation.
3.) People keep defunding public schools, then putting down public schools, and then trying to defund them and think it will fix things. That's f'ing stupid self-sabotage.
4.) Private schools aren't the answer for a democratic nation.
5.) China is a human rights nightmare. Yes, STEM education is important, but people who understand the ramifications of science on life are just as important.

I don't want to live in a nation of STEM educated robots.

America imports talent and smarts. The "kids" can work in the service industry.

America imports talent and smarts. The "kids" can work in the service industry.

some of the service industry, does that include the currently unregulated sugar baby funded lifestyle? Hmm

Reactions: filip
like this
I'm not worried about the United States falling behind when it comes to having smart workers and talent. Fact is, when someone is "smart" enough, they will eventually realize that it's better to live in a free and open society.

That is one of the many reasons why so many Chinese migrate to the US, while at the same time, pretty much no one from the US ever voluntarily moves to China. I don't see that changing any time soon. We also have a culture that fosters innovation because you don't have to fear the government. In China you are constantly limited by a government that looks down on anything that deviates from social norms, which inherently limits any sort of innovation that might actually change society or make it better.

Would China have allowed something like the public internet to have become a thing if it had been invented there? Would China have allowed the smartphone revolution to have happened if they were invented there? I doubt it, because those things empower people to do things that they couldn't do before. They enable freedom. China isn't about empowering people. In China, only the government is allowed to be empowered. This won't change any time soon, and the "smart" people in China know this.

Fact is that people in China are so afraid of their own government, that it has become a nation of followers. Even people who can innovate, don't because they are afraid to. That is why china is so good at copying things, maybe even occasionally improving on things that already exist... but when was the last time anything relevant was actually invented there? Never?

What an incentive to get educated the first time.

Nothing lasts forever in our rapidly changing market. Skills need to constantly change to meet demand.

The days of doing the same thing for an entire career are beyond over. Everyo0ne should expect to constantly be reeducated their entire life :p

Maybe those authoritarian fuckers are on to something :p

dont get too caught up in this. its a far lefty site comparing china against less than half the countries in the world.

the question remains, what % of people; and if China isn't spoofing those stats (like everything else they do).

It's not what you know, it's who you know. It's not who you know, it's who you blow.

That sounds like inefficiency to me. You find this dominates in new industries where it's raining money at first. Also in low competition industries. Competition forces things back to a merit emphasis.

Rather be lazy and happy than stressed and depressed. Our country is seeing suicides among our youth skyrocket due to our failing corrupt educational system that is designed to keep the average person just above the poverty line for life. Who knows how many Chinese die before their 18th birthday, I am sure they won't reveal those statistics. Unfortunately not everyone receives the same opportunities so really it's become a free for all to success but I wouldn't wish the burden of Chinese societal pressure on anyone.

Meanwhile in America our students need safe spaces and have trouble grasping basic biological concepts such as sex and gender.

I don't think that has anything to do with success, intelligence, or a lack thereof.

Ours waste time posting pictures of themselves on instagram making stupid faces and posting to social media about bullshit that no one cares about.

That describes just as much of the adult population as it does the kids...

If you see someone that actually is a waste of space, just look at the parents.

Back