Chinese Gamers Face U.S. Troops In Latest Game

HardOCP News

[H] News
A new Chinese game called Glorious Mission pits gamers against U.S. Troops as some sort of training tool. Watch the video for some less than awe inspiring graphics and chug-chug-chugging frame rates.

Without even playing the game I can tell you it lacks realism...cause our guys would be kicking some Chinese ass all day long. Not a knock against the Chinese, just a statement of fact about our boys in the U.S. :)

The PLA may have numbers on their side, but that doesn't count for operational experience of low and high level ranking US Service members.

This had to come along at some point, and I don't mean the joke games that came ouf of Iran either.

The fact that the title is Glorious Mission, does seem to state an underlying or manufactured nationalism though.

I could have used some subtitles. I don't suppose the game gives the US a 10:1 kill ration, like when the Chinese fought the US in Korea.

Chinese troops wouldn't stand a chance against our battle hardened vets. They would cower like children and then run or swallow their damned fear and charge into battle like so much fodder. Am I being Jingoistic? Yup. The facts are facts. China troops have never been any meaningful tactical or strategic engagement outside of their war games.

So which engine did they steal to build this on top of? LOL.

Our guys have been in a state of perpetual war for ten years now. Which sucks, but the side effect is they have mad piles of XP.

The Chinese have been doing what? Gunning down students? Oppressing folks who want to go to church? Rounding up pasty faced MMO addicts?

if it is kept in the realms of Video game nature...then i dont see a problem, as long as there is no "outside" hate..... :p

In Fallout 3 you battled against the chinese invaders (operation anchorage). Key thing here is "It's just a game". And the people talking about "realism".. Well, it's just escapism really :)

at least crytek and others can make a great game engine. to bad vid card makers couldnt get on the ball faster.....CAUGH more memory CAUGH gpu speed please.....8gig vid cards. CAUGH.....

So, let's just be clear. They train their troops how to aim and fire by using a keyboard and no mouse? I smell a fail incoming. Can you see that battle take place. We throw hand grenades, they lob laser mice back at us and you see keyboard keys go flying everywhere with a headshot.

So let's make a game that targets the largest consumer of goods produced in our country. That will be good for trade. President Bush should have severed all ties with China back when thier hot dog pilot crashed into our P-3 making them force land and detaining our military personnel for 10 days. Then they sent us a $10 million bill for room and board! The sooner we cut ties with China the better off the USA will be.

crytek is to busy trying to get their frame rates up in their new game Glorious Mission to respond.

Doom 4 with everyone every race....hahahah all gettin eating up by monsters and baddies...massive coop....FTW

I find it quite astonishing that when a game comes out with american soldiers as the targets its "appalling" and gets news coverage out of the kazoo. But all those games with russians and koreans and chinese "terrorists" are ok.

And before you try to "tell" me what to respect, I am in the armed forces for my own country.

It's only fair. We've been blowing up virtual countries for years. We probably seem pretty scary to them and that makes a good game.

Maybe the next World War could be settle TDM style!

DOOM 4 can't wait and FEAR 3 when I can get it cheap enough.Usually after somebody has already played it.Now I have to play Operation Anchorage!

So, in fear of sounding completely racist, which I am not, having now watched this video it is fair to say the only things the Chinese are good at are :

Cyber Crime
Ripping off IP
MMO Gold Farming
Hardcore censorship of all media
and
Manufacturing low priced goods for foreign companies?

I have two good Chinese friends, one of which was born in China, and moved here when he was 15, and another who was born here in the US but visits China frequently, and both of them seem pretty embarrassed about being from China when they see stuff like this. They have expressed that they feel as though the Chinese like to have a strong sense of pride about their accomplishments, but don't really have anything to be proud of in the past few centuries.

I'm inclined to agree with them....

Without even playing the game I can tell you it lacks realism...cause our guys would be kicking some Chinese ass all day long. Not a knock against the Chinese, just a statement of fact about our boys in the U.S. :)

Didn't you learn anything from Saving Private Ryan.

Our "boys" are worthless with the politicians leading them straight into death.

This game would suck ass if it were realistic.

You'd never have air-superiority, so you'd never be able to head out into the open else your tank gets torn to shreds in seconds, and the hit and run tactics would get old with a 1:500 kill ratio in US favor. :(

On the plus side, at least the graphics are top notch, gameplay is ultra smooth, and you're not stuck behind a national internet proxy limiting your online play, and can express yourself freely about what you think about the game politically on internet forums and blogs.

I find it quite astonishing that when a game comes out with american soldiers as the targets its "appalling" and gets news coverage out of the kazoo. But all those games with russians and koreans and chinese "terrorists" are ok.

And before you try to "tell" me what to respect, I am in the armed forces for my own country.

As an American, I find nothing wrong with this at all!!!! I wish there were games that Chinese, Russians or some other country would produce and have the American's as the antagonist and I could fight as another country...

And as far as respecting...there is nothing to respect. If it is a military game...then I can kill whomever I want...IT IS A FUCKING GAME!!!!!! NOTHING MORE!!!!! Whether it is me playing as an american or chinese. Same Diff...

So let's make a game that targets the largest consumer of goods produced in our country. That will be good for trade. President Bush should have severed all ties with China back when thier hot dog pilot crashed into our P-3 making them force land and detaining our military personnel for 10 days. Then they sent us a $10 million bill for room and board! The sooner we cut ties with China the better off the USA will be.

That's not going to happen because sleeping with Chine is part of the plan to destroy the U.S. It might sound ridiculous, as lunacy, conspiracy theory so on and so forth. But what those people who claim themselves to be informed forget is that reality can be shaped and recreated.

There's a slight difference that you probably wouldn't like to understand because cinicism might screw it up for you.
All of those "other" guys don't shoot themselves in the foot by pretending to be what they're not and treating war as a "peace operation with tweezers".

There's a slight difference that you probably wouldn't like to understand because cinicism might screw it up for you.
All of those "other" guys don't shoot themselves in the foot by pretending to be what they're not and treating war as a "peace operation with tweezers".

oh but please tell me, I'm all ears.

The sooner we cut ties with China the better off the USA will be.

I'm not sure completely severing ties with China is wise. However I believe we should reduce our dependency on Chinese labor.

So they made CSS models of T's into Orientals and made the CT's bots?
Personally I prefer Teletubies vs CT. Nothing scares a grown man like a Teletuby asking "Will you be my friend" as it shoots you with an AK47.

The frame rate is not glorious at all. Maybe they are running it on one of their crappy Longsoon CPUs?

Back