Chinese Gamers Face U.S. Troops In Latest Game

Although the Chinese PLA claims to have "modernized" their tactics, strategies and related technologies, the only "true" modernized of those three is the technologies used. Military plans were just slight modifications of those used during the Korean War and the brief war against Vietnam (where Vietnam, after "winning" against the US for almost a decade-long war, curbstomped the Chinese forces within a couple of months).

They are still sticking with their Zerg rushes, because to be honest that is really their most significant advantage, numbers.

we wouldnt care about zerg rushes because by the time their army advances to our infantry they will be starved and devestated from the U.S. airforce. Their leaders will disband or surrender due to supplie lines being cut off. Our Artillery "look up the paladin" would crush any military advancment. Our spy planes and CIA will still be able to send back intelligence to our military. Even though we do rely on satilites this really wouldnt hurt us.. I am sure our military has other ways to drop our bombs accurately without using satilite GPS. Oh btw by the time china knocks out a few of our satilites we would of destroyed all their capibilities to launch their special so called secret satilitie missile destoryer. I am sure the united states has the ability to launch a new GPS satilitie in space within a moments notice. There would be so many stealth predator drones flying around fu**king shi* up the chinese wouldnt know what to do next. The PLA is not a battle hardened military the the united states military. The chinese military loves to steal u.s. technology and try to copy it. Thats all they are good at . I just hope our country recovers economically, because china is about to over take us. I am sure in 50 years china will be the next super power if we stay on the same track.

Forgot to mention By then the U.S. military will be using drones and robots to fight our wars 50-100 years from now.[/QUOTE]

China's military is not a real threat to the US. The only clear advantage the Chinese have is numbers and they can not leverage those numbers against the US unless we send our ground troops there.

To the countries that neighbor China though..it's a different story. They should be concerned. China likes to look at some land they want and say 'Hey, that land belonged to China in the year 8. We shall LIBERATE IT from the usurpers and make it ours once again!!"

China's military is not a real threat to the US. The only clear advantage the Chinese have is numbers and they can not leverage those numbers against the US unless we send our ground troops there.

To the countries that neighbor China though..it's a different story. They should be concerned. China likes to look at some land they want and say 'Hey, that land belonged to China in the year 8. We shall LIBERATE IT from the usurpers and make it ours once again!!"

have them take Pakistan, let them deal with al qaeda, i got a feeling they will swiftly take care of them for us.

my first thought was "oh, i wonder what engine this is ripped off from?"

but yeah, i'm sort of the opinion that who cares if it's the US soldiers. we do use germans/russians/arabians/africans/demons.

we'd win in a war anyways. the cheap knock off everything they use would falter quickly.

probably before you were born... Were you alive when Russias communist government fell?

First, you have no idea how old I am. Second, I was most certainly alive when the SOVIET UNION fell. Third, I am glad you aren't involved in any strategic planning for the US because you'd just get everyone killed. Only a fool underestimates their enemies. Ever heard of Sun Tsu? Mao used his strategies to defeat Chiang Kai-shek. Do you think the Communist government of China has forgotten that? There's a reason why The Art of War is still read today - by American military officers. Sun Tsu was Chinese.

Listen, I'm a firm believer in the principles America was founded upon, and I'm not saying anything to the discredit of the US armed forces, but I'm also a realist. In order to be able to win you have to be able to predict what the enemy can do and might do. 9/11 resulted from underestimating Al Qaida during the 90's. The Japanese underestimated America's will to retaliate when they attacked Pearl Harbor. Hitler invaded Europe because nobody thought he'd do what he said he'd do in Mein Kampf. Mistakes happen because people are unwilling to think the unthinkable. If you're not prepared for the worst case scenario then when you're staring it in the face what are you going to do?

As for the scenario I wrote down that you criticized me for, I didn't invent that scenario. The CIA did over 15 years ago.

The US uses the same (but better) tools. The Army uses a game that is essentially a highly modded version of ArmA. It is an excellent tool for teaching unit tactics and teamwork. What's better: using a few thousand blanks running an exercise 2-3 times, costing hours per person in prep, transportation, cleaning weapons, policing brass, etc? Or running through a simulation 5, 10, 20 times and being able to record and play back as you please with no prep and no cleanup? Simulations don't replace time with real weapons on the ground, but they are a great tool if used wisely.

No, we don't. lol

The only time I've ever seen that sim was in the corner of a rundown testing center when I took my ASVAB.

...and I wouldn't take anyone seriously as a "leader" if they insisted on using a sim to train a combat MOS.

None of my friends have seen used/seen that either (and they have just about every resource available at their disposal). In fact, a lot of them are getting sent to civilian run courses now for specialized training.

...anyways, training is usually done (at least in my day): planning, op order, walk-through day/night, blank fire day/night and live fire day/night. You better believe that those were all invaluable and worth the policing afterwards.

You'd be surprised to see what happens "differently" during a live fire. Hell, I remember tons of nervous cherries missing with AT-4s, (live) grenades rolling back and everything from AGs getting burned on hot weapons/brass/barrels to disasterous misfeeds. ...and not to forget the new idiot cherry LT losing his mind with sensory overload and confusion.

Stuff like MOUT, you can run through the drills without even using ammo. ...time MUCH better spent than on a sim. Don't get me wrong...running through MOUT city with a smoke pot blasting, bangalores going off and all hell breaking lose is awesome...but teaching the rhythm of entering a room, fields of fire and speed is JUST as important.

Hell, you can even do reflex drills without ammo (which is actually how you begin on the range anyways...with dry fires). ...they're just boring as hell. Again...MUCH more valuable than a sim.

The little bs that a sim teaches (like aiming and mission role) are the EASY part. The hard part is manueving in tight spaces with a TON of gear (while not getting caught/stuck on something), maintaining your cool and clarity when your brain is rattling around in its cage (sometimes literally...my squad leader in NTC got a concussion from standing too close to an AT4 being fired), maintaining focus while a million and one things are happening and finding the strength to physically push on through exhaustion.

I think that it's great they can shoot at us in a game... heck we shoot at every country on earth in our games just about.

Too bad their game sucks donkey ass.

First, you have no idea how old I am. Second, I was most certainly alive when the SOVIET UNION fell. Third, I am glad you aren't involved in any strategic planning for the US because you'd just get everyone killed. Only a fool underestimates their enemies. Ever heard of Sun Tsu? Mao used his strategies to defeat Chiang Kai-shek. Do you think the Communist government of China has forgotten that? There's a reason why The Art of War is still read today - by American military officers. Sun Tsu was Chinese.

Another myth right there. What happened basically is that Chiang Kai-Shek and the other generals in the Nationalist side just fought each other instead while Mao just waltzed all around China in a clockwise direction. Then the Nationalists left for Formosa (now Taiwan) and the Communists took over the mainland.

And yes the Communist government DID forget that. If they didn't forget that no one should have been able to survive Chosin in the first place. And don't forget that the Chinese forces they encountered their were PLA's "elite", which have experienced fighting against the Japanese AND the Nationalists (albeit fighting the Nationalists weren't exactly that hard considering their commanders are also fighting amongst themselves).

And add another one. If the Chinese were really what you think they are, why did our 10th Battalion Combat Team in the Korean War manage to repel a Chinese force which consists of one full division AND armored and artillery regiments?

Now now boys and girls, all this war game speculation is fun, but the reality is, our economies are tied together.
China and the US along with many other countries depend on the export and import of goods and that is the bond that keeps things civil.
It’s a kind of a mutual failsafe mechanism.

Without even playing the game I can tell you it lacks realism...cause our guys would be kicking some Chinese ass all day long. Not a knock against the Chinese, just a statement of fact about our boys in the U.S. :)

Hmm, I wonder why then, when my nephew, how is a member a Dutch "Arrestatieteam" (SWAT team), kicked in a combined terrorist training, some SEAL asses, not once but 3/3 times as the good guys and 2/3 times as terrorist in the scenarios they ware doing.

And the only win they had was with considerable losses on both sites :eek:
And there first loss was mainly do to arrogance because in there opinion the Dutch team was under-trained and under-geared.

As the Arrest-teams in Holland are also the first responders to terrorist treads, they ware invited for a seminar and training in the US, wonder how got more out of the evaluation talks after the training sessions ^_^

Granted 80% of all the people of the Arrest-teams here, are all ex "Mariniers" (SEALS) and "groene Bareten" (Commandos), and are hand picket out of the services.

Ware the Dutch special forces follow a different school of though.
The US forces are more physically trained and rely on better gear, body armour and equipment.
Are our special forces more trained for endurance and less reliable on gear and equipment and thus can move quicker. (the gear used was over 30 pounds less in weight)

And those parts of the services have sins the 60s combined/merged there special forces training programs with the German, Norwegian and British.
(and I would say don't pick a fight with any of those guys)

And how the Chines Special forces will do, no one knows because they have not operated outside of China, nut as China is the home of most martial arts, they will properly do not bad in close combat.

And the regular army, they are properly also underpaid grunts, tho they have potential a hell of a lot more of them ^_^

@ playerx
All special ops forces excel to the highest limits of human potential.
The SEAL’s are combat tested and proven just like many other SF groups all over the world.
As a former Marine I feel, ANGLICO are the toughest SOB’s around, but that’s my opinion.. NOT fact.
My nephew is a PJ and he will tell you they are the toughest SOB’s.
ALL SF and regular military deserve our prayers and respect.
So lets just tone it down a bit, before we go around talking about who is kicking who’s ASS.
Semper Fidelis

Listen, I'm a firm believer in the principles America was founded upon, and I'm not saying anything to the discredit of the US armed forces, but I'm also a realist. In order to be able to win you have to be able to predict what the enemy can do and might do. 9/11 resulted from underestimating Al Qaida during the 90's. The Japanese underestimated America's will to retaliate when they attacked Pearl Harbor. Hitler invaded Europe because nobody thought he'd do what he said he'd do in Mein Kampf. Mistakes happen because people are unwilling to think the unthinkable. If you're not prepared for the worst case scenario then when you're staring it in the face what are you going to do?

As for the scenario I wrote down that you criticized me for, I didn't invent that scenario. The CIA did over 15 years ago.

You would be surprised what my rank in the army is and what i how many tours in iraq i have.
I have seen it and done it.. My simple point of view of how we would fight is pretty accurate.
I can tell you are probably a history major in college and havent served a day in combat.

Btw are you a communist?
Just curious because you are the only one on here sticking up for the chinese on here. The only thing i like about the chinese culture is the food. I like chinese buffets.. other than that they are a slave labor culture that makes plastic toys and cheap gadgets. They are espcially not good at tactical fighting. Trust me the U.S. has spy planes, CIA, satilites watching the boarders. If we see a military build up on the boarders expect our subs to show up first with several battle groups just sitting off the coast. Once they do something the united nations will step up and the chinese infrastructor will be destroyed by the air force. There would be mass chasos from the civilian public.. No electricity , no food or water, massive country wide protest. The government would fall within in days. You can preach all your book smarts in history but really doesnt relate to todays military tatics.
Wanted to also mention that the chinese arent good at anything else besides stealing technology , doing cyber attacks.. Playing WoW and hacking in games. Oh yeah and pirating which is a big one which costs companies 48 billion dollars a year and maybe spying. I do have respect for the chinese people that they have been around for thousands of years where the USA is a fairly new country. The Chinese will survive if they act right and this is the only thing they are smart at.

Whoever programed their training game needs to take a lesson on optimizing the FPS in this game.

You would be surprised what my rank in the army is and what i how many tours in iraq i have.
I have seen it and done it.. My simple point of view of how we would fight is pretty accurate.
I can tell you are probably a history major in college and havent served a day in combat.

its nice to be a realist and i am sure you are right we can not predict everything before a disaster happens or an attack.. But if it comes to fighting i do not think their is a country on the planet that has the balls to attack us. If they do they will eventually get their ass kicked by our military might. The last 10 years our military has gained more combat experience then all other countries on the planet combined. Our Soldiers are not afraid and we are in a volunteer army. I am sure if a republican was in office we would of taken Iran government out of power by now.. i am sure it is coming in the next 5-10 years.

entropy13: The Korean War was how many years ago? A lot has changed since then.

UnrealCPU: If you really are in the Army and have served tours and aren't just trolling me then my sense of honor demands I respect you for it, but don't mistake that respect for license. I'm incensed about your thinking I am a communist and calling me a "college history major" is flat out insulting. I am as far from being a communist as Netanyahu is from being a Nazi, and as for what whether or not I've seen combat, it's nobody's business what I've seen.

I brought out the worst case scenario - where US politicians being what they are ignore the warning signs and allow a sneak attack by a fully committed Chinese military because people on this board are acting like China is not to be taken seriously as a potential threat. I'm well aware of the US military's capability, but I'm not looking at simply operational or tactical concerns. I'm focused on strategic concerns. Have you seen the US debt lately? Wars are expensive, and all-out war is something America has not faced since WWII, and even then no war has been fought on American soil since the Civil War. The military may be prepared for such things but the citizenry in part and the political and economic structure in whole is not. That is the part I'm concerned with - the cost in civilian lives, the cost in infrastructure, and the integrity of the nation should something this catastrophic ever occur.

As for how good the military is... if you have served in Iraq then you should know how ridiculous the rules of engagement are. I have said before and I will say again that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have been drug out because of politicians not having the guts to do the job right and because of the media twisting the facts every chance they get. Go back and look at WWII and how quickly the US defeated both Germany and Japan. I have ZERO doubt that the US military, at the beginning of Afghanistan and the beginning of Iraq, had the capability to achieve total and complete victory within a VERY short space of time and would have done so if allowed to. What was lacking was the political will. Congress and Cameras are two things that do not belong on the battlefield. That's why this has been drug out so long and that is the reality I have to proceed from when assessing potential future engagements.

Now, that being said, I do not expect nor do I think China has any interest in attacking the US in a full-scale war right now. As cptnjarhead said, the US and Chinese economies are tied together. China makes too many products for the US to consume to just decide "F*ck those evil Capitalist bastards" when the US is almost completely responsible for creating and maintaining China's economy and industry. I would prefer that the US be completely independent of foreign entanglements, but that's not in the forseable future. Contained managed risk is SOP for now.

Look, it may not seem like it from my previous post but we're actually on the same side here. I want the same things for America that you do - prosperity, safety, and most important, liberty. I really hope you can see that.

Interesting article regarding WoW and chinese prisoners.

A former prisoner of a Chinese labor camp claims guards are forcing detainees to play online games as part of a huge money-making scam.

Liu Dali told The Guardian website that guards traded the credits inmates built up playing games such as World of Warcraft for money.

"The computers were never turned off.""Prison bosses made more money forcing inmates to play games than they do forcing people to do manual labor," he said.

"There were 300 prisoners forced to play games. We worked 12-hour shifts in the camp. I heard them say they could earn 5000-6000rmb a day.

"We didn't see any of the money. The computers were never turned off."

Dali -- not his real name -- is aged 54 and was sent to Jixi re-education camp in Heilongjiang province in northeast China, in 2004.

He said he would spend his days either breaking rocks or assembling car seat covers and his nights playing computer games.

Dali said that if he didn't complete his credit quota, the guards would punish him: "They would beat me with plastic pipes. We kept playing until we could barely see things."

The building up and trading of game credits is known as gold farming. Millions of gamers around the world pay real money for the credits in order to save hours of playing time.

Gold farming is rampant in China and other developing nations. Many Chinese gamers have full-time jobs as gold farmers but The Guardian story highlights the first time it has been practiced in labor camps.

Quoting figures from the China Internet Center, the paper says almost £1.2 billion ($1.65 billion) worth of virtual currencies was traded in China in 2008.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011...y-world-warcraft-detainee-says/#ixzz1NatNc41m

Back