Chinese Company Announces New Console That Can Stream Games

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The company that owns League of Legends developer Riot is releasing a Windows 10-based console that can download and stream games. There is no word on whether it is coming to the States.

The TGP Box is powered by a sixth-generation Intel core processor and runs Windows 10 and a "TGP Box mode." While in the TGP Box mode, it can download and stream games to the console. It can run games like League of Legends, FIFA Online 3, NBA 2K Online, Monster Hunter Online, and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Tournament, all of which Tencent previously helped bring to Asia by partnering with the repsective developers. It's expected to have more games from third-party developers this year.

Maybe a low end gaming machine in a box running a pirated version of Windows, with a Steam clone or maybe even just Steam and Origin with a UI wrapper? If it ever launches, I guess we will know.

If Tencent is making it it's probably no joke. Tencent owns majority control of Epic these days among many other things.

I was able to stream games flawlessly on a pentium NUC in full HD....

"news"

Tencent is a massive, massive massive company now.

I don't think these things are going to be shit. They want you to play their games.

Back