Chinese Boy Sells Kidney For iPad 2

I hope you drink a lot of water, can't imagine how much worse a kidney stone would be if it was concentrated in one kidney.

I'll admit I really don't drink as much water as I should and I'm trying to be better about it.

Yeah, that prisoner must have totally volunteered to donate his heart after being executed. It couldn't possibly happen that people are killed in order to produce organs on the black market...that's just unpossible!

prisoner x, we have found an organ match with you. sorry, but WOW time is over and it is time to complete your sentence....

kid got a ipad and person got a kidney.

its like a story I watch on the news that a guy here in the states was going 2 die because his heart was bad. The waiting list was 4 years long in the USA.:rolleyes: He went to china and paid 250 grand and got it in 2 days from an executed prisoner.

people do what ever with their body, its no ones business.

That's a terrible example.

prisoner x, we have found an organ match with you. sorry, but WOW time is over and it is time to complete your sentence....

Yeah, I'll bet they force prisoners to continue farming gold while they cut their Kidneys out.

Well he could all ways get another kidney from a former foxxcon employee, They are just leaping at the chance to give away there internal organs.

at least get a freaking PC damn it.

As a chinese person who lived in China. I can see this happening. especially to those less educated country-side people who will probably never have enough money to be able to buy this.

We have two kidneys to deal with insults and stresses beyond our normal routine, such as those that come with exercise, infections, etc.

The human body only uses a small percentage of the combined two kidneys. You can easily live perfectly fine with one, and only creep into the danger zone around 10-15% function. Father in law only has one, and he's a pretty regular wine drinker, and in excellent health for his age. Now, if only a small percentage of my wife's three kidneys would work, we'd be good. :(

The human body only uses a small percentage of the combined two kidneys. You can easily live perfectly fine with one, and only creep into the danger zone around 10-15% function. Father in law only has one, and he's a pretty regular wine drinker, and in excellent health for his age. Now, if only a small percentage of my wife's three kidneys would work, we'd be good. :(
Not at all. This is a common myth spread by the medically uninformed (much like "you only use 10% of your brain!, etc.). As I already stated, losing a kidney puts an individual at substantial risks. And things only get worse as one gets older. If anyone would like a more detailed medical explanation and the science behind it, I'd be glad to educate, but that's not what this thread is about.

Pretty speechless about this story. Maybe he can post WTB: a kidney and an ipad in the trade forums.

its like a story I watch on the news that a guy here in the states was going 2 die because his heart was bad. The waiting list was 4 years long in the USA.:rolleyes: He went to china and paid 250 grand and got it in 2 days from an executed prisoner.

This is what we need to do in the states. Lets clean up death row and save lives at the same time. Let them actually start repaying thier debt to society.

I'm sure alot of bleeding heart liberals who are waiting transplants would suddenly start supporting the death penalty.

Not at all. This is a common myth spread by the medically uninformed (much like "you only use 10% of your brain!, etc.).

Awesome, I guess my wife should get a new nephrologist , and I should throw away those books I read.

Giving up a mere kidney isn't so bad.

I have met Apple fanbois that have had to give up their self-respect to join the iCult. There's no prosthetic for an amputated SOUL... hooah!

I have met Apple fanbois that have had to give up their self-respect to join the iCult. There's no prosthetic for an amputated SOUL... hooah!

lol. giving up a kidney for an iPad is terrible. Mine cost me an arm and a leg.:D

How horrible. Kid must have wanted the iPad 2 badly. I'd go without until I had the money saved to get one. Tech isn't worth giving-up a body part.

kid got a ipad and person got a kidney.

people do what ever with their body, its no ones business.

Holy crap. The guy got ripped off something fierce. For 50k USD you can easily find somebody in China willing to rip their own heart out with a rusty spoon and hand it to you on a silver platter.

And not at all that surprising given what sorts of rationalizations one WILL see from people obsessed with iProducts.
Yeah, it's pretty sad. I never understood why people get super attached to brands. It's really sad.

I can't help it coming from the mmorpg world but someone took farming noobs for rare items to a new level. lol

wow its actually true. I cant believe this. This is sad. Thats what happens when kids dont understand the value of life and properly functioning organs. For an Ipad? a fuckin Ipad? wow.

but its his life, he's gonna regret this one for a long time.

It plays music, videos, removes waste from your blood. It's the most natural experience yet. I present, iKidney.

wow its actually true. I cant believe this. This is sad. Thats what happens when kids dont understand the value of life and properly functioning organs. For an Ipad? a fuckin Ipad? wow.

but its his life, he's gonna regret this one for a long time.

In mainland China this isn't something new or surprising. People have been doing this for a while and for a lot less.

Surely he can take pride in the fact that his kidney will be powering his great and beloved leader Steve Jobs!

The least he could have done was purchase something more worthwhile than the iPad.

Like a book.
Or a calculator with no batteries.
Or a bat to beat himself over the head with.
Or a severely scratched DVD.
Or a couple hundred gallons of raw sewage.
Unfortunately after buying the stupid piece of shit, he doesn't even have enough cash left for a reach-around from the thorough double butt-fucking he's just gotten himself.

No, you really need the two. Having one requires making some pretty drastic lifestyle changes.

Not true one works just fine. My brother gave me one 13 years ago. no lifestyle changes nor did doctors say to make any.

Awesome, I guess my wife should get a new nephrologist , and I should throw away those books I read.
I think you misunderstood your nephrologist or the books. I corrected your statement that "the human body only uses a small percentage of the combined two kidneys." This is true if you're just sitting around resting with a basal metabolic rate. As you put stress on your body and your kidneys, by exercising and creating acid and metabolites, or by an infection, or by taking medications, you need a much higher percentage of your kidney's filtering capacity. In addition to filtering the blood, the kidneys also provide a lot of other functions for the body, such as blood pressure and electrolyte control via the renin-angiotensin system, Vitamin D production, and modifying the creation of red blood cells via erythropoietin. As the kidneys fail, their capacity to perform these functions and deal with stresses decreases (obviously). You can live a very healthy, active, great life with one kidney, transplanted too. All I'm saying is there are risks and there's a reason two kidneys have been selected through evolution.

Not true one works just fine. My brother gave me one 13 years ago. no lifestyle changes nor did doctors say to make any.
As I said earlier, if you were living a lifestyle that fit the scope of capacity of your kidney, there isn't anything to change.

Back