China Releases Footage of First Far Side Moon Landing

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
China successfully made humanity's first soft landing on the far side of the Moon earlier this year. Fortunately, it's 2019, and we have cameras and transmitters far better than the ones bolted onto Apollo-era spacecraft, so China's National Space Administration just released a video of the Moon probe's approach and touchdown.

Check it out here.

Transmitting data from the far side of the Moon is even more difficult than usual, as the moon itself blocks direct radio transmissions, which means this video presumably had to be transmitted to a spacecraft in orbit before being relayed back to Earth.

Yep that looks like the moon.

Laugh it up all you want, but if we don't get our asses in gear China will be the dominant space power in the next 20-30 years.

Showing how little thrust you need to land and why the Apollo missions didn't have huge blast craters under the landers. You know, for moon landing hoax believers.

Oh wait, they probably think this is fake too.

Doesn't look dark at all. This is Capricorn One all over again! Help me O.J.!

Laugh it up all you want, but if we don't get our asses in gear China will be the dominant space power in the next 20-30 years.

Based on what exactly? They are struggling to simply stay afloat now that the so called trade deals which have been exposed as nothing but US welfare to another country are finally being questioned.

Since the earth is flat...the moon is flat. Was this the heads or tails side of the moon???

Big deal. We got robots on Mars & Billions of miles away taking photos of space rocks! Beat that China!

Amazing LoD effects, just wish it was HDR instead of black and white. Star Citizen could learn at thing or two from how China does LoD though, no pop-in whatsoever.

But is it round? You know, because some believers earth is flat. :D
You know, a lot of the crazies believe that the sun, moon, and other planets are round, but the Earth is flat.

maybe-if-oplethe-brain-is-an-app-they-will-startusingit-5891326.png

Last edited:
If you paid attention to recent press conferences you would have seen proofs that Q has already confirmed this footage was shot on a sound stage in Chengdu.

Giving them the ability to do what exactly? There's a reason the US gov't gave up on space in the short term.

as long as china keeps dumping money into their science teams it'll be 10-15 years but may not be a bad thing though. the US and Russia need competition in space to make them pull their heads out of their asses and realize they aren't the only ones able to do what they can do.. causing another 1950's/60's type space race isn't a bad thing for the world. either way congrats to china's space agency, they've come a long way in a very short time.

I dont think OJ can leave the state he is in without his parole officer approval.

If they can fake the moon landing, they can fake anything. Beware! I do feel sorry for all those folks on Moon Base Alpha though...

Come on guys, they didn't land on the Sun like their neighbor, but this is still progress.

as long as china keeps dumping money into their science teams it'll be 10-15 years but may not be a bad thing though. the US and Russia need competition in space to make them pull their heads out of their asses and realize they aren't the only ones able to do what they can do.. causing another 1950's/60's type space race isn't a bad thing for the world. either way congrats to china's space agency, they've come a long way in a very short time.

So, money is a thing. But apparently we (the USA) have infinite money to blow up rocks and sand in foreign countries but the NASA budget has been like an after thought for 30 years.

I would have thought we'd have something better than the ISS or some kind of moon base by now, but no. I guess if I'm ever getting off this planet it'll either be a SpaceX or a ChinaX rocket.

I also thought we'd all be driving electric vehicles by now and have solar powered homes... guess I'll just keep loading the bowl...

Nice work, China.

Hey there, NASA. Don't you want to one up them now? It has been a while. The flag has bleached and all of that. Just wait for Mr. Musk and pals to do it instead? OK.

The problem with NASA is that there are no defined goals past each Presidency since Kennedy set forth the "man on the moon within ten years" goal in 1960. Every four or eight years, the manned mission plan changes. It's no wonder they haven't accomplished much in the way of manned missions since. At least the private industry is starting to pick up some of the slack with some amazing rocketry of late. I think Mars is a waste of time currently and we should exploit the hell out of the moon before someone else does. We've already been there fifty years ago, should be a trivial hop now. NASA needs LONG TERM defined goals and to go to the moon manned is VERY expensive. This is why the last couple moon missions were cancelled. We were spending billions on the Vietnam war.

It's no wonder they haven't accomplished much in the way of manned missions since. .

actually it's no wonder ... it's pretty obvious why they do what they do ... their goal is to keep receiving a steady high dollar paycheck

Back