China Mall Introduces “Husband Storage” Pods for Shopping Wives

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The Global Harbor mall in Shanghai has introduced "husband storage" facilities for wives to leave their spouse while they shop. Inside each pod is a chair, monitor, computer, and gamepad: men can relax and play retro 1990s games until their significant others are done wasting money. Why didn’t they just set up a large lounge area with comfy seats instead?

"There's no ventilation or air conditioning, I sat playing for five minutes and was drenched in sweat." The pods have been the source of much humor on Chinese social media, and have sparked debate about whether they could be rolled out even wider. One user approves the decision, saying that the pods "give these men an incentive to go shopping, and to pick up the bill" for their wives shopping. But others disagree. "If my husband just wants to go out and play games, what's the point of bringing him out?"

I can see the next evolution of the man pod, this time outfitted with VR and the you know whats.

I usually try to disappear to the electronics or toy section whenI have to go shopping with my wife. Nothing worse than when she shops for clothes when I'm with her! I try to avoid this situation at all costs. Lock me up with 80's and 90's video games - I'd be ok with that.

VR Massage Services Pods

Click in your VR fantasy, have a massage at the same time......

Wow, a retro arcade in a Walmart !? That would be amazing to be honest... can't believe no one thought about it yet...
they have. the walmart near me has one.
its kinda smallish... no one is ever in there that i have seen, but they have it.

Back