China Looks at Ending Sales of Gasoline Cars

Rush Limbaugh said the combustible engine saved the people in the Hurricane from the flooding no way will a electric boat save anyone.
He also did so much drugs he went deaf and has to wear a robo-ear now. Can't go trusting anything a druggie like that will say.

However, I think that is still many years away.
Full charge will be more time than 10min but you can charge at home so its not a issue like you think it will be and you don't seem to have anything solid to base your time frame on.

Other than Tesla, most electric cars are small and don't even include a space for something as simple as a spare tire.
Today sure. 2020? Or 2022? The story will be different.

One of the main reasons people buy electric cars in California is because they can travel solo in the carpool lanes,,,,,,,,the 2nd reason is the large federal and state rebates and dealer subsidies
Today in CA sure. 2020? Or 2022? The story will be different.

And you assume electricity prices will never change. Over the past few years I've seen gas prices go down, and electricity prices go up.
We weren't talking about electricity prices, that is a different subject altogether, but if you must know I'm assuming it'll go up at least a bit due to increased demand but no huge price jumps. Gas prices will probably stay level or even drop a bit temporarily in the short term as demand drops but then ratchet up again as decreased demand effects the production economy of gas.

So they've scheduled meetings to talk about developing a timetable. A a year from now they'll announce a 2030-2040 type deadline, which will be extended every few years for the next couple of decades. Just. Like. Every. Other. Country.

Last edited:
Being a Druggie and addicts are too separate things I listen to Rush Everyday he lost his hearing from too much of the headset.

Being a Druggie and addicts are too separate things I listen to Rush Everyday he lost his hearing from too much of the headset.
He was addicted to prescription pharmaceuticals. He had a warrant out for him. Only reason he didn't go to prison is because the cops were nice and offered him a sweetheart plea deal.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rush-limbaugh-arrested-on-drug-charges/

Prosecutors' three-year investigation of Limbaugh began after he publicly acknowledged being addicted to pain medication and entered a rehabilitation program. They accused Limbaugh of "doctor shopping," or illegally deceiving multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions, after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion.
Limbaugh reported five years ago that he had lost most of his hearing because of an autoimmune inner-ear disease. He had surgery to have an electronic device placed in his skull to restore his hearing. But research shows that abusing opiate-based painkillers also can cause profound hearing loss.

You have to pop insane amounts of Oxy/Norco/Hydro to go deaf but downing hundreds of pills a month will do it. Guy was a pill fiend and a no-hold-barred addict. He even admitted to such.

They can already charge faster than that with the right charger. Tesla's can do 80% in ~20min. Its expensive BUT its expensive now. In 2020 and after it'll be way cheaper.

It depends on how fast, cheap, and available it is. We will get there, but it won't be in the next few years. 2030 things will start looking positive when it comes to the power grid and available charging stations. The advantage of charging is you can do it at home. Meaning unless you're going long distances, you can skip the gas lines. For many of us, we rarely use more than a quarter tank for a daily commute. Ever see a Costco gas line at peak hours in a suburban area? I certainly won't miss that.

But yeah, if we can get charging time to 5 or less minutes it would be ideal. That way when we do have to stop and charge it isn't a 20-30 minute+ stop.

Rush Limbaugh said the combustible engine saved the people in the Hurricane from the flooding no way will a electric boat save anyone.

If you're serious, I STRONGLY urge you to do independent research and verify the information he sells. Once you find out how full of it he is, I hope you never listen to him again. He's close, but not nearly as bad as Alex Jones, Steven Crowder, or Milo Yiannopoulos. Rush Limbaugh even claims the record breaking hurricanes hitting America are part of a "liberal conspiracy" to push some secret climate agenda or sell bottled water.. Yet after telling his listeners to not believe the medias and meteorologists warnings, he leaves Flordia himself....

Oh, and today's electric vehicles are capable of getting someone in south Florida out of the path of the hurricane. On average, the latest vehicles travel up to 351 miles, and the hybrids travel up to 420 miles. Battery swapping stations will also allow that to be replenished faster than it takes to fill up a normal car with gasoline, (when they get built outside of CA).

Smart move, but they'll need to stop using coal too (which I know is on their agenda).

Oh, and today's electric vehicles are capable of getting someone in south Florida out of the path of the hurricane. On average, the latest vehicles travel up to 351 miles, and the hybrids travel up to 420 miles. Battery swapping stations will also allow that to be replenished faster than it takes to fill up a normal car with gasoline, (when they get built outside of CA).

I have yet to see a any electric car rated at 300 miles. Maybe, under ideal conditions (25 mph, no traffic, air conditioner off & windows rolled up) you might be able to push Tesla over 300 miles on a charge, but with all the stop & go traffic, running the air conditioner, etc., you'd be lucky to get 200 miles. With most other electric cars, you'd be lucky to get 80 miles.

As for a Hybrid, I doubt you could get the full rated mileage under the same conditions, but a Camry hybrid has a rated range of 665 miles (17.5 gallons x 38 mpg). Even with the air running and sitting in slow traffic, it likely would still get over 400 miles. A Prius wouldn't get quite as far due to the smaller gas tank.

Of course if you are driving a truck or large SUV, good luck finding gas, since you would likely need to fill the tank a few times due to all the slow traffic.

I have yet to see a any electric car rated at 300 miles. Maybe, under ideal conditions (25 mph, no traffic, air conditioner off & windows rolled up) you might be able to push Tesla over 300 miles on a charge, but with all the stop & go traffic, running the air conditioner, etc., you'd be lucky to get 200 miles. With most other electric cars, you'd be lucky to get 80 miles.

As for a Hybrid, I doubt you could get the full rated mileage under the same conditions, but a Camry hybrid has a rated range of 665 miles (17.5 gallons x 38 mpg). Even with the air running and sitting in slow traffic, it likely would still get over 400 miles. A Prius wouldn't get quite as far due to the smaller gas tank.

Of course if you are driving a truck or large SUV, good luck finding gas, since you would likely need to fill the tank a few times due to all the slow traffic.

I'm not sure where you get your info from, but the engine of a Prius is a lot more fuel efficient than a Camry, simply due to the high compression ratio. And at that point, it doesn't matter about the size of a tank, that's probably the most illogical philosophy I've head to date.

Not to bust your balls, but a Camry doing 400 miles at full tank is equally efficient to a Prius doing the same miles on a full tank? (Do note that a bigger tank doesn't give you more miles when comparing cars like these).

I have a 2007 Toyota Yaris, 1.5L (Sedan), this 10 year old ride of mine 'always' gives me over 400 miles, regardless if the AC is on or how busy it has been during the day, and my ride isn't even a hybrid (advantage being the most fuel consumed by a car is during initial acceleration and that gets taken care by electric motors). My best is 530 miles on a full tank (13 gallons).... Yes, it also depends on factors like how you drive your car and how you well maintain it as well, but that's a different discussion.

Trucks are the crappiest vehicles when it comes to mileage, there's no speed or anything that you can do to stop a truck from drinking petrol like nuts since that's what they always do.

Electric car is inevitable in the future.

But what sucks about this is that as more countries start banning gasoline, we'll see lesser investment in making efficient gasoline engines like what Mazda are doing now for example.
I think more car maker will just shift a majority of their investment towards pure electric car.

I dont mind with the downsizing of gasoline engines as long as they as powerful and more efficient.
But I would like to see gasoline engines to continue improve until they reach the highest efficiency that's practically possible.

What I would like to see is safer cars I mean why not just make the bumpers huge so elimination collision deaths?
Just have a electric rail system over the street and use use bumper cars to be powered would eliminate all that pollution I would think.

VW just announced they are investing $84 BILLION into electric cars/batteries.

No shit. They want to sell cars. So many are on the bandwagon they are going to sink the car industry. There won't be the capacity to produce electric cars in the volumes required because of all the virtue signalling regulations. The electric side will be hit harder by this overly aggressive stance.

Trucks are the crappiest vehicles when it comes to mileage, there's no speed or anything that you can do to stop a truck from drinking petrol like nuts since that's what they always do.
Trucks are popular because large cars that anyone over 6' and/or has the slightest claustrophobia would buy do not exist or are similarly or more expensive. So I can have the room and utility of a Truck. You can thank regulations for forcing me into a worse, wrt to fuel economy, vehicle than a large car.

I have yet to see a any electric car rated at 300 miles..
The Model S 100D does 335 on a single charge.
The 2017 Tesla Model X does 295 on a single charge.
Even the Chevy Bolt isn't too bad at 238.

Trucks are popular because large cars that anyone over 6' and/or has the slightest claustrophobia would buy do not exist or are similarly or more expensive. So I can have the room and utility of a Truck. You can thank regulations for forcing me into a worse, wrt to fuel economy, vehicle than a large car.

Trucks are simply utility vehicles.

SUVs are more than that, and no, I'm not talking american, something around the lines of a 4Runner.

Just trying to get people to forget about their emissions scandal. What they really need to put money into is expanding the electric grid by 10x without suffering endless NIMBY lawsuits. If the battery problem is ever solved, electric grid capacity will quickly become the next intractable bottleneck.

I'm not sure where you get your info from, but the engine of a Prius is a lot more fuel efficient than a Camry, simply due to the high compression ratio. And at that point, it doesn't matter about the size of a tank, that's probably the most illogical philosophy I've head to date.

Not to bust your balls, but a Camry doing 400 miles at full tank is equally efficient to a Prius doing the same miles on a full tank? (Do note that a bigger tank doesn't give you more miles when comparing cars like these).

I have a 2007 Toyota Yaris, 1.5L (Sedan), this 10 year old ride of mine 'always' gives me over 400 miles, regardless if the AC is on or how busy it has been during the day, and my ride isn't even a hybrid (advantage being the most fuel consumed by a car is during initial acceleration and that gets taken care by electric motors). My best is 530 miles on a full tank (13 gallons).... Yes, it also depends on factors like how you drive your car and how you well maintain it as well, but that's a different discussion.

Have you seen the 2018 Camry Hybrids? The base model is rated at 51/53 MPG, almost the same as the Prius.
This is due to some refinements in the Hybrid system, and redesigning the engine to use direct injection.
If they upgrade the Prius motor to direct injection, we might see over 60 MPG :eek:

I'm 6 foot, and a bit wide in the shoulders, so I find the Prius cramped for me. I need at least a mid sized car.

As for your Yaris, you must do a lot of highway driving.
My commute is short, but it's in heavy rush hour city traffic with lots traffic and long lights. My previous 4 cyl non-hybrid Camry was lucky to average 18 mpg.
My hybrid not only gets double that, it's quicker with more HP. :D
Even with heavy city traffic, I get over 500 miles between fill ups. Saves me even more money since I can fill the tank during my monthly Costco run.

Hmm.
You would think they would try to produce at least 1 descent Chinese automobile before they completely give up on the concept.

Back