*China* LED back lit mechanical keyboard $36

Hmm, I may jump on this as well. Haven't seen many keyboard deals that look good lately. Only concern I would have about this is longevity.

If you get a good working one it's probably not a bad deal. Buyers should keep the following in mind:

1. Although the keys are individually backlit they DO NOT change color - the rainbow color scheme you see in every picture of that keyboard is what you're stuck with. There are various built-in lighting 'effects' but the colors do not change.
It's the fruit stripe gum keyboard unless you turn the lighting completely off.
2. It's listed and described as a 'blue switch' keyboard. This does not mean it has Cherry MX Blue switches, merely a generic 'mechanical' style switch that tries to approximate the tactile feel of Cherry MX Blue switches. I wouldn't necessarily expect Cherry level of quality or longevity either.
3. Although the engrish description says 'all keys conflict free' I would honestly be REALLY surprised if this features N-key rollover being a cheap USB keyboard.

I might grab one for curiosity sake. It would be fun to have for the test bench and a spare, and maybe the keycaps will fit something else too. :D

For what it's worth, these 'rainbow' backlit LED mechanical keyboards actually get pretty decent reviews on Amazon. They are rebadged all over the place from lots of different sellers... Just don't expect a Corsair K70 RGB - keep your expectations in check and you should be satisfied. :)

Back