China Has A World of Warcraft Theme Park

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know China doesn't give a damn about copyrights when they do something like this. I could have sworn the country said last month that it was cracking down on copying stuff. You have to wonder what Blizzard thinks about all of this. :eek:

Is there a bunch of staff that tell you to go pick up random stuff because they can't be bothered?

Odd groups go left, even groups go right. 1, 3, 5, 7 left and 2, 4, 6, 8 right. 7 and 8 are the designated line groups. Spend money slowly, overspending will result in another 50 DKP minus. :D

Uh, so why is WoW and not just a generic fantasy theme?

Yeah only picture 3 of 5 made me think of WoW. All of the other ones are random fantasy themes. The brochure in one of the picture was too small to make out.

Yeah, Chinese built theme park... in CHINA. I'd have no problems riding any of the rides and thinking they're up to the utmost safety standards!

Uh, so why is WoW and not just a generic fantasy theme?

Let's see, which headline do you think attracts more readers:

"China's Unlicensed 'World of Warcraft' Theme Park"

or

"China's Fantasy Theme Park"

Familiar brand + China steals jobs/money from America = win headline for the site. If you can't figure that out, L2media.

Forgot to add (and can't find the edit button):

Kinda helps that most people know the name World of Warcraft, but most people also have no realistic clue what the game looks like or is all about. You could write an article about a monkey riding a bicycle that jousts against a polar bear riding a unicorn and most idiots would say "wow, that's pretty cool."

Well to the people thinking this park has nothing to do with WoW, if you go to the reddit article this is from there is a whole bevvy of pics, and about half of the rides explicitly mention WoW/Warcraft. An example is a pic of a board talking about being a soldier of Silvermoon under the glorious leader Kael'Thas. Can't be more blatant than that.
To the theme park itself, I think its hilarious and would go there just to see it for the smile-factor.

Looks pretty rad. It would be much better than going to Disney. Kind of like your own personal greed island.

are they going to employ gold farmers to operate the rides and all that?

Yeah only picture 3 of 5 made me think of WoW. All of the other ones are random fantasy themes. The brochure in one of the picture was too small to make out.

I see what you mean about the girl in picture 3, but I must say the building in the background of picture 4 (also the one steve used) really looks like a ripoff of Blood Elf architecture.

What do you guys think?

sunfury_spire.jpg

I see what you mean about the girl in picture 3, but I must say the building in the background of picture 4 (also the one steve used) really looks like a ripoff of Blood Elf architecture.

What do you guys think?

sunfury_spire.jpg

That's where I saw the blatant ripoff. The other four pictures just seemed fantasy/asian MMO'ish to me. But the bloodelf architecture is pretty much spot on from the game.

Haven't seen the reddit photos though, maybe it gets more obvious.

WQTvWh.jpg

Yeah....this pic pretty much seals it as being a WoW ripoff theme park. Direct use of "Silver Moon" and "Kael'thas"

EChzjh.jpg

The symbol on the belt is definitely the Horde symbol.

China , the grand thieves of the world. They truly don't give a flying fuck about anything.

looking at the other pictures, i think it looks very cool
sure looks alot better and doesn't look like a mall like our theme parks

Yeah that seals it......

Ok so now that its 100% proven I have to ask, do they have a deeprun tram?

I am impressed honestly, too bad no in America does anything cool any more. I think airports are the last refuge of large scale building with any style, even they are waning. To think that something as large and complex / detailed as this has went un noticed this long.

I am impressed honestly, too bad no in America does anything cool any more. I think airports are the last refuge of large scale building with any style, even they are waning. To think that something as large and complex / detailed as this has went un noticed this long.

the thing is...blowing off licenses and copyrights allows these things to exist, in the US it would be so mired in red tape that by the time it exists (if ever) it would be irrelevant.

you can't do anything big without someone trying to sue you for a piece anymore...it's the new American way.

I feel like I'm just looking at a mix of MMOs slammed together. I'm reminded of Lineage a little.

Considering China's safety standards, let's just hope that the theme park is complete with "healers".

Back