China Getting Remote Control Cars

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember that Chinese car that could be operated via remote control? Apparently it is going to become a reality. So tell me again, how is it going to be easier to park your car with a remote? Here's a video of it in action.

BYD has officially confirmed the new BYD Su Rui (formerly known as the BYD F3 Su Rui) will be equipped with a remote control that allows the driver to control his vehicle from the outside up to a distance of 20 meters. BYD says the system is meant to make parking in crowded places more easy.

Them asians just want to ghost ride like pros.

Going to see a bunch of Chinese in jinkos shufflings next to their rides with techno blasting.

A remote would make it easier to park in a space so tight, that you couldn't open the doors. Of course that assumes the cars parked next to your also have a remote :)

Shit is getting hax0red in 3....2...1....!!!!! ;)

PS.
The car is already borked.... See the oil drip trace it's leaving behind... No thanx!

MANN Techsys beat me to the post. New car already leaking somthin. guess all made in China stuff is crap.

Heck what I'm waiting for is I pull into the lot get and and tell the car to park itself. Then when I get out of the store have the car come get me. Heck why have a remote when cars can park them selves already.

Hack+Death Race 2000+ geriatrics day= :)

P.S. love the oil leak.

*Wonder how many geniuses will drive it remotely behind the wheel while texting their friends?
Ya, because, you know it is only a matter of time.

that leak could be just the A/C run-off.

but - why the hell does is sound like a tractor?!

Remote control is good. After seeing the crash tests on YouTube, I'd sure as hell never actually RIDE in one !

This is one feature I would love.

Remote control donuts circling around me.

Will probably need to hack the speed limiter.

I like the dashboard display indicating which way the steering wheel was moving. That way, in case you didn't notice the front wheels turning or even the whole freaking car moving left to right you can always look at the display. If you're in the car. But hey, remote-control cars are cool. You have to start somewhere.

Great, an invention that allows Chinese motorists to run themselves over while trying to park their cars... genius!

Great, an invention that allows Chinese motorists to run themselves over while trying to park their cars... genius!
Seen the kid-squish video? They do that already, so no change really. China, reinforcing stereotypes about asian-drivers since 1908.

Back